𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘝𝘐𝘐

☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆

☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆

Eᗩᖇ OT OE

"True compassion means not only feeling another's pain, but also being moved to help relieve it"

( - Daniel Goleman)

Opening the heavy black front door with ease, Amelia was surprised to find the house completely organized. All the mess of the random furniture in the living room space was gone, and the house was awfully clean. She hated it.

"It is quite late, don't you think?" The hoarse male voice sounded from her right, coming from the lounge chair that she was only able to see its back.

"I am a creature of the night, after all." She said with a smirk as she walked towards him and collapsed in exhaustion upon the sofa across him, causing him to raise his eyes from the book he read.

"Have you let Stefan out of the tomb?" He asked her calmly and she hummed with her eyes closed. When he noticed her state, he closed the book and settled it on the small table that separated between them.

"Are you alright, Lia?" He asked her in concern.

"Yes." She simply answered, and with that, she proved him she's clearly not alright. At any other time, she would respond with a sarcastic and mocking comment or at least ask him why would he asks her that question. This time, however, she didn't.

"Amelia Laura Mikaelson, you better tell me what's the matter right away-"

"Or else?" She chuckled and answered, yet to open her eyes nor sit straight.

"Or else you will carry the burden on your heart all alone. You know you cannot hide anything from me for long." He noted.

Her eyes opened slowly, feeling as if her lashes are heavier than ever. She knew he was right. Eventually, she sighed and sat straight with her eyes darting to his patient stare.

"I saw Damon today. It was oddly.." She started, looking for the right word.

"Painful?" He suggested and she coked a brow.

"Painful would be an excessive choice of words, I must say." She humored with a chuckle. When she saw that Elijah's expression hasn't changed and stayed serious, she rolled her eyes and moved in discomfort before answering.