𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘟𝘝𝘐𝘐𝘐

☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆

☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆

Eᗩᖇ OT OE

"Anything dead coming back to life hurts."

( - Toni Morrison)

Over 3 months. Half the summer. Too much time, if you ask Damon. Too much time in search of his brother and Klaus that possessing his lover's coffin somewhere.

It was a torturing few months for him after he recovered from the werewolf bite in the sacrifice ritual's night, and after he read the letter that broke his heart. Every time he thinks of giving up and gets frustrated, he's pulling the envelope from his drawer and read it to remind himself why he needs to keep going and fight for her.

He couldn't decide whether he forgave her yet or if he truly wants her back in his life, but he knew he can't move on with his life with the knowledge that - liar or not - the woman he loves is dead in a coffin at god knows where.

So while Elena and he teamed up to find Klaus and Stefan, along with the help of Alaric, but every time they found another clue for where they are, they already moved to another place. It was exhausting and from time to time even hopeless.

After Elena's birthday, when she got a phone call from, apparently Stefan, she decided to look harder for his whereabouts, and here they are - in Chicago.

☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" The hybrid asked as he and the younger vampire entered the empty, dim, and quiet bar.

"I can't believe this place is still here." The vampire commented.

"You got to be kidding me." A woman came out of the shadows and looked at the two men in front of her.

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender.." Klaus started joking with a smirk.

"Stop." The woman, a witch, cut his words and continued, "You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny." She then approached them and looked at Stefan. "I remember you."