∞ Chapter - 8 ∞

It's been 2 weeks since I shifted here as Taehyung's fake girlfriend. Yeah, I am acting as fake gf when he has got an adorable real girlfriend.

All has been good so far. I've actually started to adjust with the members. As usual, Taehyung is cold to me but he isn't that much compared to when we first met. He cares for me and helps me around with chores sometimes.

About his girlfriend, she is the best ever girl I've met. An ideal girlfriend I'd say. Because in the stories the girlfriend is usually of evil personality, but she was just it's opposite.

She has become my best friend. The first person I befriended willingly in Seoul. Today she called me at her house to have some chit chats.

Actually I'm little worried because since few days, she doesn't seem well. I asked her many a times but she sidelined it saying it was nothing but upset stomach.

Ding Dong!
I rang the bell. A little pale but smiling figure appeared infront of me.

"Hi" Jin Ae greeted me. Her voice seemed to be struggling inside.

Jin Ae welcomed me inside and asked me to sit on the couch. She went in the kitchen to get a glass of water and sat beside me.

She seemed dull. A little upset but struggling to put on a smile.

"What happened Jin Ae?" I finally asked her in worried tone.

"Nothing it's just I am not well these days" she replied looking at the floor.

Such a shining personality who always put on a smile at her face, when she became sad, it felt wrong. Maybe I was overthinking.

"Do you wanna share it to me?" I asked her.

"Can you promise me you'll not tell it to anyone?" she questioned me back.

That was surprising. "Okay" I locked the pinky finger with her's.

"Yeona....I... actually....

I am suffering from pancreatic cancer."

My eyes widened in shock and jaws dropped open as she spilled those words out of her mouth.

C-Cancer?! She is suffering from Cancer?

"What are you saying..." I spoke in disbelief.

"Yes Yeona. I am suffering from pancreatic cancer last stage."

"Since when? And why do you not want to tell anyone?" I asked, worried.

"It's been 2 years. I don't want others to get worried. I want to leave them with a smile on their face " she replied.

"What about therapy?" I shot my question again.

"I tried many but there's no use. It's the most dangerous cancer."

I hugged her tightly. I finally found a trustworthy friend but my fate never let me be happy. Nor was her's letting so. Cancer sure does not like happiness.

"Yeona, can I trust you with something?" she whispered in my ears.

"Y-yes" my voice quivered.

"I love Tae very much. He's very kind person from heart and at the same time very delicate. Can you please look after him when I'm not --" I cut her by placing my hands on her mouth.

"Don't ever try to say that word again. I can't loose you Jin Ae-ah" tears started to fall on my lap.

And we ended up crying. Why is life so cruel to kind person? Why the person who wants to live gets short life and who don't deserve, a longer life?

"I promise you Jin Ae. I'll do whatever you want me to. I'll not tell anyone of them" I looked into her eyes with assurance. "You'll get well and we're going to enjoy the view of Seoul together. Just don't loose hope."

I wiped my tears. My phone rang.

Incoming Call....
Jimin
Accept|Decline

I looked at Jin Ae and she indicated me to answer it. I cleared my throat before answering.

Yeobosayeo...

Yeona-ah, I'm downstairs. There was no one to pick you up so I came.

Ohh...

How much time will you take?

Umm..

I looked up at Jin Ae again. She nodded me to go. I hesitated a lot but finally spoke up.

O-oh-ohkay. I'll be there. Give me a minute.

I ended up the call. But I was still staring at her in disappointment. I was about to open my mouth but was cut off when she ran to bathroom covering her mouth.

She threw up blood and clutched her right abdomen. She winced in pain. Her wailing filled the house. 

"Are you okay?" I panicked. But before anything could happen, she collapsed with blood dribbling from her mouth. Fortunately I held her head before hitting the ground.

"Somebody help!!"I squealed for help. No one would come as the door was locked and people won't care to look for the sound.

I stood up by my own and placed my hands around her waist to help her stand. She was totally unconscious.

Jimin's POV

I was waiting for Yeona downstairs in my car. A figure walked towards me carrying someone.

"Yeona-- Jin Ae?" my eyes widened in shock as I saw Yeona carrying Jin Ae. Jin Ae seemed unconscious. I ran to them.

"What happened to her?" I asked worriedly.

 "No time to ask questions. Help me take her to hospital. Palli!" she instructed me while coping with her tears.  I did not question her further and ran to my car and opened up the back seat door.

She put her inside and we drove to the nearest hospital.

<Time Skip>

We reached the hospital and she was put on the stretcher and taken to ICU. The doctor hurried inside and within no time, they took her to OT. The red light opened as soon as the door closed.

I was watching the whole scenario knowing nothing. Yeona was whimpering sitting on the bench. I went to her to console her.

"Calm down Yeona. Everything is going to be okay" I solaced her patting her head slowly. But she was crying still.

"Can you tell me what happened?" I asked her.

"I-I went to her house to meet her" she sniffed, " and we were having talk wh-when she suddenly went to throw up a-and then she collapsed" her cry became even more loud.

I wrapped my arms around her to console her while patting her back slowly.