//second chance//

As soon as I came out of the hall room, my eyes went to the washroom and I rushed to go inside it. I entered the washroom, entered one of the toilet rooms, closed the door, and just sat down. My head was on my knee while I was crying, hiding the tears in my face.

I was feeling miserable to not use the opportunity properly that I was granted. I even slapped myself a few times.

"You idiot. How can you do that?" I said to myself, anxiously.

All of a sudden, my phone buzzed up. I took it out of my pocket and looked into it. My grandma was calling me so, I stopped myself from crying first. I didn't want grandma to get any wrong idea and only then accepted the call.

"Halmonee." I said.

"When you coming? Isn't the program over by now?" She asked.

"On the way. I'm coming soon." I replied.

"Okay, come fast. I and your Appa are waiting for you." She said and hung up the call.

I stood up, rubbed the tears from my cheeks, and opened the washroom door to outside. I was searching for a taxi and luckily I found one. I left the fan sign event and went to my Grandma's place when dad was already waiting for me.

My grandma lived in Seoul, so we went to visit her as we were already in Seoul. But we were supposed to leave Seoul today as well and go back to our hometown, Guri.

As soon as I entered her house, grandma offered me lunch. "Yeona, come and have your lunch.

"Coming." I said as I headed in.

I sat in the chair and took my plate from the table. My grandma looked at me. "Yeona, you look sad. Is something wrong?" She asked, curiously.

I looked at her and managed a smile. "No, I'm absolutely fine. Don't worry halmonee." I said to her.

"Okay, if you say so." She said.

"Yeona, eat fast. We'll have to leave for Guri." Father said.

" Yeah, Appa." I said as I was chewing the food.

"You guys are leaving already?" Grandma asked.

"Yeah, I have some work there." My dad answered.

After I was done with my lunch, we were ready to leave.

"Yeona, get into the car." Father said as he was ready to drive.

"Yeah, Appa." I shouted from inside.

I looked back at grandma once before leaving. "We are leaving. Take care of your health, okay?" I said to her.

"Okay, okay." She replied and smiled.

I sat in the car and we were on the way to our home. I was just looking out of the window and didn't utter a word.

"Yeona, are you okay? You are so quiet today." Father asked.

"Yeah--Yeah, I'm all right." I replied instantly.

Finally, we were right in front of our house. I got out of the car, opened the door of the house, and entered inside.

"Hey Nuna, how was your meeting?" Kyong asked as he came running towards me, excitedly.

"Fine." I replied dryly. "Now don't disturb me, I am tired. I want to take some rest in my room." I said with a pissed off face and went inside my room.

He kept staring at me without knowing why I'm so pissed off.

TWO MONTHS LATER

It was the month of January and South Korea already started experiencing the snow. I was in my office, working.

"Yeona, Chairman is calling you in her office." Aera, one of my colleagues said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know." She replied and left.

I entered the office of Chairman.

"Good afternoon, were you expecting me?" I asked, nervously.

"Oh, Yeona, come here. We have a piece of good news for you." She said with a smile.

She had an envelope in her hands which she gave me.

"What is this?" I said as I was opening the envelope.

"Yeona, you got a promotion and a transfer. You're shifted to our branch in Seoul." She said.

"What? Really? Are-are you joking?" I was totally shaken up by her words.

"Start your packing cause you will have to leave tomorrow." She said.

"What? Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I am sorry for this unfortunate time but--"

"Ah, never mind. I'll manage." I managed a smile and came out of the room.

Apart from the shortage of time, I was really really really happy about all the happenings today. I could finally go to Seoul again after two months.

SEOUL

Finally, I was in Seoul. I was probably the happiest person ever at that moment in time. It was almost evening time by then and the snow was also falling.

I was going to my grandma's house which was quite a way from the station. Yet I decided to walk my way while enjoying the beautiful snowy weather.

Suddenly, my eyes fell towards a park. I thought of going there and enjoy the snowfall. It was dark there so probably no one will be in there now.

I really enjoy the snow. I spread my hands in the air and looked at the sky. I started jumping in excitement and kept laughing.

Out of nowhere, I could hear another voice which kind of seemed familiar. I was curious and looked around to find the person. I could see a boy standing at a distance from me. He was also enjoying the snow.

I was just looking at him and he turned his head around. When he came under the lights, I was able to see his face. But, instantly skipped a heartbeat.

"Taehyung." I shouted. I was pretty sure it was him.

He moved his head to look at who just called him. When his eyes fell on me, he smiled, showing his boxy smile.

"My second chance." I muttered.

Kim Taehyung

Kim Taehyung

-to be continued.