//long distance//

Everything has been going well between us and in our individual lives as well. I was pretty busy for days, working on a special project in my office. Everyone at my office treats me like a celebrity even though I don't act like one, whether it's in a positive way or a negative way. The one person who doesn't care about my current relationship status is my boss.

As I was busy working, one of my co-workers came and said that boss is calling me. I went to his room.

"Sir, may I come in?" I took permission before entering.

"Come in, Yeona." He allowed.

I entered. "Were you expecting me, sir?" I asked.

"Yes." He said. He took out an envelope from a file kept it on his table. "Take it." He said.

I was a bit confused yet I took it. "What is this?" I asked the boss.

"Open it and see for yourself." He said, coldly.

Obeying his orders was one of my duty in office even if I hated to do it. I opened the envelope and took out the paper. I attempted to read it. I was dumbstruck to see what was written there. I clearly wasn't ready for a surprise like this.

"Congratulations!" My boss said.

"Um, huh?" I reacted as it felt more like a shock to me.

"You're going to Japan for 2 years for training." He said.

I didn't know what and how to do react to this situation. The first thing that came to my mind was Taehyung. I had no idea how am I supposed to spend a single day without him.

"Excuse me." I left the room saying that.

I ran towards the terrace to get some fresh air. I didn't know what should I do. It was a great chance for me but, I can't leave Taehyung here for whatsoever reason.

My phone buzzed up all of a sudden. It was Taehyung. I picked up the call.

"Hey!" Taehyung said.

"Hey." I said, hesitantly.

"I wanna meet you." He said.

"Huh?"

"Let's meet at 5 PM in the park. Okay?" He said.

"Uh--" He hung up the call before I could say anything.

IN THE PARK

I entered the park, only to find him already standing there.

"Hey, how are you?" He held my face with his hands.

"Fine." I didn't want to make any eye contact with him as he might have guessed that something is off. So, I tried to cut off the eye contact and then the boxy smile also went off as he became serious.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Eh? It's--" I hesitated.

I somehow removed his hands from my cheeks. My heart appeared heavy but he took his hands on my shoulder.

"Tell me, what's the matter?" He asked, curiously.

At that moment, I couldn't hold it within me anymore. "Taehyung, I need to go to Japan for some training and I don't know what to do."

"What?" He removed his hands from my shoulder. "For how many days?" He asked.

"For," I looked at him. "Two years."