Chapter 6: Why Me??

"Please, Elle get the hell out of the car now!" Leto says with frustration

We've been doing this for almost an hour and Leto has reached his limit of patience. Yeah, I don't make it easy for anyone especially when I am forced to do something I don't like.

When Aberdeen told me that Josh had agreed to leave me for training techniques I didn't take it well. They may not know Eric is my mate but it's still hell no for me. I am not going to stay here with him and his so-called chosen mate Claire.

"Look I'm sorry if you don't want to but it was Alpha Josh's order, not mine," Leto explains again.

Stubbornly I sat in the car with my arms crossing on my chest. Eliz is a heart-warming wolf but not me, the human. Nah ah.

"Elle we're not leaving you here for good, Josh wants you to learn their technique...simple as that and it's part of the deal," Aberdeen says in a  pleading voice as Leto raises his hands in surrender. 

My best friend and her mate don't deserve my attitude. Gosh! I seriously despise our Alpha now. How could he do this to me? Heaving a sigh I disappointedly open the car's door and get out of the car.

"Why me Beta?"  I ask Leto. I used his title instead of his name and I could see his eyes suddenly turning red.

"Don't do that Elle," he warned me.

And like I said I can be stubborn too and I wanted him to tell me the truth.  Whether they purposely leave me here because my time at the Alcader is overdue or is it just Pack business. 

"Why is it because.....I don't have a..." Not wanting to say it out loud so I mind linking him blocking everyone else out. "A family, a nobody?"  I ask and I could feel my eyes burning now with tears ready to fall but I refuse to cry.

Well, sometimes the truth hurts but it's not like I am not used to getting hurt. I look him straight in the eyes and hurt was evident in it. I think overstepped my boundaries. Leto held both of my shoulders.

"No Elle," he said in a harsh tone.

"Please understand, Josh only trusted us three but you know I'm a beta who is assigned for other business and Aberdeen is our only trainer for the youngsters," he says as his hands squeeze my shoulder as if to assure me that it business not personal.

"We will never turn our back on you. So, please Elle we need you on this one," he pleaded.

Seeing me in resolution Leto hugs me and Aberdeen joins in our hug later. "Know that we're not leaving you here for good, it's just a month Elle" Aberdeen hugs me tighter. I feel relieved and comforted. 

I wipe away my tears and pull back. Feeling like an ass for making my friends sad I jokingly said, "aww just admit it, you guys are happy the third wheel won't disrupt your sessions on the way home." 

I wink to the both of them making Aberdeen pinch me on the shoulder but it didn't hide her cheeks turning red. My best friend is whipped. Leto chuckles turning to Aberdeen and leads pulls her to his side.

"Thank you, Elle," said Leto.

"I guess I'll see you next month losers," I tease them. Aberdeen hug me again before turning back to get in the car with Leto. I stood there watching them. 

'I am going to miss them' I say to Eliz.

Remembering that something was missing I stopped them. Yes, no one can stay over at other people's places without clothes.

"Guys"

They both stop and look back at me with worried expressions.

"What am I going to wear,? We didn't bring any of my clothes or pads or toiletries," I said.

"Right we should go back home, then drop you off here tomorrow," Aberdeen suggested.

I quickly agree with Aberdeen's suggestions and there is no word to describe how happy I am right now. There is no way I am staying here tonight. 

'Someone is desperate to be away from here,' Eliz teases but I ignore her.

We all walk back to Alpha Eric and Claire who are still standing in front of the packhouse watching our small commotion. I almost forgot that they exist and still stick around.

"Apologies Alpha, we thought it would be best if Elle comes with us today since she hasn't brought any suitcase for her stay over" Leto apologized and at the moment I was hoping he would say okay.

Fingers crossed to the moon goddess to knock some sense in Alpha Eric.

"No worries beta, we will provide her with it," he said.

 My eyes went wide and my head keeps cursing that voice while Eliz grins and claps her paws in my head with joy.

"Noooo" I blurted more like shouting at him. Everyone turns to look at me.

"No" Eric repeated. He frowned and Claire looks as if she wanted to murder me for disrespecting Eric.

"I mean, I don't want to trouble you and I don't think anyone is the same size as me." I try to make an excuse and sound polite.

"Like I said we will provide," Alpha dimwit says. 

Ehhhhh! I seriously want to scream at him and crush his bones.

'Yeah like you could, and instead of crushing aren't you supposed to say jumping' Eliz retorted in my head. 

'And here I thought you already forgot him since we were rejected' I link back to her, which shuts her up for good.

"Thank you Alpha and we're sorry for the troubles," said Leto but Eric dismissively raises his hand. "Oh please don't. It is with pleasure after all that good allies are for," says the asshole. 

After waving goodbye to Aberdeen and Leto, I turn towards the pack house with the people I want to avoid. I forced a smile on my face at the same time I am gritting my teeth. 

I don't know what's got into Josh's head but I just wish it wasn't me he chose to stay behind. 

"Lucian will show you to your room and please," Claire says while clinging to Eric's arm like a monkey. "Don't be a stranger dear and remember dinner is at 7 pm" she concluded and I could easily see her fake welcoming expression.

Furrowing my eyebrow at that I turn around and look at a blank space with only one question in my mind.

"Why me moon goddess?" I mumble.