Chapter 19: Leaving

Important Note: Please be advised that after today, the updates for this book and my other works will be on hold until the end of July 2022 as I will be focusing on the contest on Booknet. I do need your support through your votes, reading, and following. 'The Inheritors,' (werewolf/supernatural)will be released on Thursday night so please lookout for it. My Penname - Veronica P. VitoThanking you all in advance. love xoxo. Unfollow My Heart :)

I physically feel numb from accepting Eric's rejection but on the bright side on an emotional level, I feel good as well.  I don't know what happened or how Eric is feeling after the acceptance of his stupidity. It's not like I care because I don't. Eric already set a boundary between us and I made it clear that it's over. 

This mate thing is out of my life. I am happy but Eliz is not okay at all.

To meditate on the past three days, oh moon goddess tells me all about it again. So many things did happen. Like first on the list, it was me disrespecting other packs of Lunas. Oh, my two sweet enemies who want nothing more than for my head to be on a platter and to be presented in front of them?

Second, it was me disrespecting Eric and Aaron. Third, don't forget me to help look for Jea and me moving away from Alcader, and then I have to live with Alpha Aaron Reed. I sometimes wonder what it's like to live with Claire's ex-mate?

Lastly, the Alpha's telling me that I'm on the hit list of the hunters. Yes, they didn't give me any details but thanks to my best friend Aber for explaining it to me. 

The packs are looking for Jea to create barriers and provide a cure for wolf's bane since the hunters are now mobilizing in numbers and are seeking war against our kind. This was all because of the killing that took place when I escaped from one of their hideouts. I know I am innocent but there was nothing I could do about it. It's not like I can walk to the Hunters place and say 'hey micha I didn't do it but your kind of kidnapped my ass first.

Yeah, I can never do that as I still want to live. Reading through the hit list Aber gave me on that day I observe the names on it. First on the list is an unknown wolf, second unknown wolf, another unknown and it goes on until Jay's name is listed in number 9 and mine was at the bottom in number 10.

Amazing!! if I thought about it over and over again.

However, that was days ago and today the Moonbridge Beta is picking me up. I sigh after packing my stuff and sit on the edge of the bed

'So about having a mate, who cares, Eliz and I are meant to be single and ready to mingle but never jingle.' I link to Eliz but she doesn't respond. Ouch!

I stood up and went in front of the mirror to check myself once more.

'Maybe this is what the moon goddess has set for us,' I told Eliz again and she retorts back by sarcastically saying 'yeah by hiding from our death bed.'

I scowl at her and right when I try to come up with another come back a knock came on the door. 

"Coming" call back and fetch my suitcase from the bed I set down my suitcase after zipping it and went to open the door and there stood the Beta. He looks good but not sure about his attitude. He is kinda tall and he didn't even look down at me.

He takes a step into my room and looks around. Okay, that was rude, I told Eliz but she had that frown look on her face. I clear my throat to get his attention but he doesn't seem to see me.

"Beta, I think we need to go now," I said and was about to drag my suitcase but he took it away with him. 

'Oh, what a gentleman ' coos Eliz. "You call someone who ignores us a minute ago a gentleman. Right! gentleman my ass,' I retort.

 "Are you coming?" he asks and I look at him dumbfounded. What did he expect? Jerk!

He turns around and quickens his steps downstairs. I let out a heavy sigh and walk down. Alpha Josh, Beta Leto, some of the pack members, and Aberdeen were already waiting for me in the living room.

"So I guess this is it," I said and tried to be brave.

I smile at them as I didn't want to break down that easily. Each of them hugs me and wishes me the best. 

Aberdeen was the last one to hug me and she was already in tears. I couldn't believe we'll be apart again. She was the most magnificent best friend the moon goddess has ever given me. In the past years we fought and quarreled, she even hates me for stealing the spotlight from her when it comes to boys but never in those years did we betray each other like how Serena did with me.

Aberdeen was the best person to hang out with. Sometimes we became enemies but we never left one another's side. We always share, comforted, and understood each other so well. Our jokes were the meanest and we were the only ones who laugh at our jokes.

I feel bad for leaving my best friend behind. She cries while hugging me. I smooth her hair and then pull myself away from her. "Big girls don't cry," I told her and she wipes off her tears. "Stop using Fergie's line on me" she laughs weakly.

The Moonbridge Beta escorts me to the car. I give the pack one last look and tell Aberdeen that we'll always call each other before getting into the car.

It would be amazing if I was only free from this small world I've been living in for years and to another country for a vacation. However, fate had played me again by forcing me to live in another foreign place with strangers...again.

When we arrived at our destination the Beta led me to my room and told me that the Alpha is at Eric's pack for a week. I did a mental celebration in my head kicking my feet together with joy.

Yay Eliz, we're free until the Alpha comes back. I think!