Chapter 8: Still Rejected

"I can't believe you sent a perv to bring me my bags" I complain to Aberdeen on the phone and she laughs at my dismay.

"No, he's not. Angus is a good kid, and he just had a crush on you," she replied and I could hear her trying to hold in her laughter. 

Angus was one of the guys in the pack who was already mated but still tries to have his way with me. He told Aber and Josh that it was just a crush but he still try to flirt with me. Therefore, finding him at the pack's door early in the morning, with my luggage, made me want to scream 'bloody murder.' 

If only Alpha Josh was nearby and we could teleport easily. I would do it and give him a piece of my mind on the douche bag, he sends over with my luggage. 

Letting out a heavy sigh I check the time and see that it's 7 am. I bid Aber goodbye on the phone. I threw the phone on my bed and went in the shower to get ready. Angus wasn't my only problem this morning. The Alpha was a douche too. He sent one of his warriors earlier to give me a heads up of the day and training is my first agenda. 

After I change into a black sports legging and a sports bra I made my way out of the room and the house. On my way to the field, I saw Lucian, Eric, and the perv already training with most of the pack members.

"Morning sunshine! I thought you're taking a beauty sleep" Lucian says and smirks at me as I stood by some other pack members. I ignore him as I don't want his fake attitude.

As if I was a plague the people beside me started to disperse, moving away from me. Well, after last night's dinner I just don't expect anyone to like me.

"I'm glad to see you again," I groan when I hear that voice. "I thought Alpha Josh expected you to be back today," I said and like a deer being caught, he scratches his hair looking back at Eric who glare at us.

"Yeah, I am after this work out" Angus answered.

Eric who was still looking at the two of us shouted out to the whole pack. "Focus and don't waste time talking." His eyes were on me and Angus. I knew his words were intended for me but again I ignored them.

We started with a simple exercise workout before we move on to hard training techniques. "I seriously hate push-ups." I groan getting down on the grass. I just seriously dislike working out and I couldn't wait for it to be over with today and for the perv beside me to be gone.

"Langford in my office," Eric's voice calls directly to me after the training. 

"Busted," Lucian whistles.

"See you back home Elle," said Angus as he wave goodbye. I wave back at him and follow Eric back to his office.

Eliz starts purring in my head while my mind is in a blank space. Too tired to even think of what is coming. Once we got into his office he walked and stood by his desk. He gestures with his hands for me to sit on the couch.

I sigh before taking a seat in front of him. I observe him as he stood right there. His eyes held no emotion for me, his Mate. Even when he looks at me, there was no sympathy or regret he just stares at me with cold glares. 

I guess some people were wrong about mates because mine was a heartless one, only to me but not to Claire.

"You realize what you did last night to my Luna," he said and I wince at his words as I remain silent. "This is your final warning. Threaten my pack again and I won't hesitate to kill you. I don't care if you're my mate, I still reject you," he said harshly.

He folded his arms waiting for me to say anything but nothing came out of my mouth. I just sat there holding his gaze.

In a spur of a moment, he was right in front of me. His eyes changed to dusky gold and without words, in exchange, he kissed me. 

My first kiss. It is perfect and I didn't want to let go, as I wanted to live in those mates' moments for a second despite everything that went on. 

Things were getting heated and with all my strength I push him away before Eliz took control of my body. I held back my tears, breathing in and out slowly. His eyes were now back to normal going back to his previous self. 

He stood up and walked away from me, this time he turns his back on me. "One month Elle.... one month you're just here to learn our techniques after that you go back and I don't want to see you ever again. I hope by that time you have accepted my rejection," he said.

I stood up smiling back at him even though he doesn't see it but I still do.

"And I'll hold you to your words Alpha."