Chapter 20: A Nightmare

"Freedom!" was one word inside my head ever since the Moonbridge Beta told me that Alpha Reed is out for a week. 

I excitedly unpack my stuff before heading downstairs. I swear I hate taking steps, especially when it's a three-story packhouse. When I made it to the foyer there was no sight of anyone around so I walk a little bit to the other side and collide with the Beta. 

"Ouch" I wince complaining to Eliz 'seriously was he the only one in this house.'

"Where are you going?" he asks snapping me out of my link with Eliz. "Umm to have a look around," I answer nervously.

"I'm sorry Ms' Langford but Alpha's orders. We are not to allow you to go outside," he strictly told me. My brain froze and my jaw drop open. 

'Wait a minute!' I try to function my brain and see if he is joking with me.

"I'm sorry when you carried my bag, did you see a sticker that says, prisoner"?" he shook his head no.

"No, but still you cannot go out," he said not even caring about how I would take his response. The nerve of this Beta.

"Okay how about this! When you drove me here, did you take me to a cell?" I said again. I am trying to knock some sense in this uptight Beta. I still cannot believe this. 

He answers again in a strict manner, "sorry but it's Alpha's orders and I may not be your only barrier here. So still no, there's no use of it"

Right, when he finishes I burst out loud laughing like a maniac. My ribs hurt a little since unable to control my laughter. He probably thinks I'm crazy but deep down inside of me I, really, REALLY want to cry. These Alphas must really take me for a joke. First, off it was Eric and now this maniac.

When I'm done I walk back up dragging my feet on the floor like a wimpy child.

"Dinner's at 8 pm," the Beta calls me.

"No one wants to eat your dinner," I reply in a harsh tone as I still walk up to the steps.

"It's Conrad by the way," he said.

I don't reply as I was still filled with rage and by the time I reach the top where my room is I couldn't keep it together anymore. The hate inside of me is eating me up and there was no patience at all. I scream from the top of my lungs down to the foyer. "Fuck you, Aaron!" 

And after feeling much better I change into a flimsy nightgown and went to sleep.

~~~

I don't know when I woke up but just like a drunk person I didn't even get to fully shut my eyes as I heard yelling from downstairs. Slowly I crept outside of my room without making any noise. 

Everything looks blurry and the sight in front of me was unbearable to look at. A wolf more like a half-breed was sucking on the last body of a female werewolf while other bodies including Conrad are lying on the floor with blood everywhere. 

I snap my head to the other side and saw the hunters looking around and when one of them notices me he evilly smirks at me. He looks familiar with that evil grin on his face. I try to think until I remember him that he was one of the hunters who kidnapped me.

Knowing that this wasn't good I dash downstairs using my werewolf speed. I almost fell over other bodies that lay on the steps, and down the foyer. I dart out of the door and turn back to find the hunter creep hot on my tail with a silver gun. He is about to shoot me but I swerve to the other side of the woods.

I run for my life dodging the branches and the fallen trees. I kept looking back for the hunters forgetting to look ahead of me. I crash into something which was like a force throwing me back and I slam into a tree. I cry in pain when my leg gets wounded by a sharp wood.

Another half-breed walks up to me with an evil smirk on his face. As he gets nearer the moonlight illuminates his face and it suddenly changes into the hunter that gave me the flimsy cloth when I was captured. His lips went up into a smile showing his yellow teeth which were so gross, then his mouth opens spelling out every word he said

"Welcome back bitch."

~~~

The creep kicks me in the face with his right leg and I scream, waking up with tears falling on my cheek.

My eyes flutter before they were fully open. I gaze right into dark blue mesmerizing eyes for a second. His right-hand lifts my chin with his thumb wiping away my tears.

"We have to stop meeting like this," he says to me which made me stunned.