Chapter 18: No

Present

'I'm so proud of you' Eliz sang in my head as we settle down on the grass. 'Me too girl, I'm proud that you're my wolf' I replied and smile through our links

We had to run into the woods after getting out of that awful and stupid meeting, leaving my poor wedges behind. I cut off my mind links with everyone in our pack. I do not care about anyone's opinion anymore. 

Eliz and I just need to be alone, so here we are close to the borders watching the sunset before heading back to the packhouse.

When we arrive back at the packhouse we saw that all the cars had gone except for two posh vehicles still parked in front of the packhouse.

Aberdeen hugs me tightly when she saw me coming. She was sitting on the doorstep waiting for me. I thank the moon goddess for giving me such a wonderful friend who never judges me but only gives me support, unlike some best friends I grew up with.

"Hey, where did you go?" she asks still hugging me.

"Just to clear my head" I reply. 

She pulls back this time her hands never left my arms comforting me. "I am so proud of you," she says and drags me inside the house.

Leto came out of the office and when he sees me he took a step forward. He pats me on the shoulders without saying anything.

"Alpha would like to see you," he said. Nodding my head, I made my way to his office opening up the door before going inside.

I instantly wanted to disappear again. I seriously hate that beta of ours for not telling me anything else. Leto didn't warn me about the other Alphas. He should have said Alphas instead of Alpha ugh. 

I kept on kicking myself mentally wishing that I have never stepped foot in Josh's office. Alpha Josh motioned for me to sit on the couch in the middle while the other two Alpha are sitting on the other couches.

"Elle you know why you're here," Josh said as he looks at me. I bit my bottom lip nervously. "I disrespect everyone in the meeting," I say not wanting to mention names.

"Yes, and No that's not why you're here actually. We have-" Josh looked around him. He first turns to Eric and then to the Moonbridge Alpha before continuing to say, "-decided to let you stay in Aaron's pack."

One thing came out of my mouth. "No" I clamp my hand to my mouth. "Sorry Alpha I don't mean to disrespect you, please forgive me but no."

Eric stood up and glare at me. "You have no option here," he said.

"No" I retort at him, then the Moonbridge Alpha spoke in a husky voice. "You do as we say"

Again I stubbornly say "No."

They both growled at me but Josh move to where they stood quickly and put both of his hands on their shoulders. "Guys you have to calm down and remember your place, especially you Eric."

"She disrespected us," Eric says through his gritted teeth.

"Okay both of you back down you're still in my packhouse," Josh warned them both. "Eric I don't mean to sound rude but you deserved it." 

That made both of them stand down. Josh heave a sigh and said to me, "Elle you'll be staying with Alpha Aaron as we still need you to track down Jea."

"Why can't I do it from here?" I ask him dejectedly.

"We don't have the resources and by the way, the hunters are after you," he told me and I blink. 'It can't be' I thought to myself.

"I'm not special. I mean I am but I don't have special abilities or anything like supernatural werewolf powers. Why don't you take Claire since she's a white wolf?"

"No, but you are on their hit list for killing 30 hunters."

Great instead of being recognized for something good I am one of the most wanted wolfs to be killed and I wonder how much the reward cost is.

'No way! I did not do that I complain to Eliz

"But I didn't" I protest out loud to Josh. "It doesn't matter, you'll be staying with Aaron," Josh raises his voice and I knew then I don't have any other option besides I don't want to be dead soon.

"Okay as much as I hate the idea but I have no clue who Alpha Aaron is," they gave me that look again as if I'm crazy

"What?"

"You're looking at him right now. I'm Alpha Aaron Reed of Moonbridge pack" he proudly said. What a narcissistic I thought. 'No way no I am not going to go with him.'

"I rather go rogue thank you" I mutter.

"You'll be dead before then," Eric says and I want to kill him now for speaking out.

"Fine, but I want to speak to Eric alone," I told Josh. He looks at me for a while before mouthing thanks you. He then turns to Aaron and gestures for him to walk with him out of the office. 

Once they both left me and Eric alone in the office I observed Eric for a minute. I waited to see if he is going to apologize to me yet nothing came out. He looks at me with no sympathy or regret. 

"Did you want to say something?" Eric ask. 

I laugh at that and asked Eliz, 'are you ready?'  Eliz replied with a simple yes. I took a deep breath before saying what we both decided to do.

"I Elle Langford, accept Eric Gibson's rejection to the moon and back. I have agreed to sever this bond in our human form and may the moon goddess be my witness today."

Eric winced a little, not in really bad shape but we know why he isn't in full pain. I look him straight in the eyes holding his gaze. "Jea gave me an option, now I'm sure and I hope it's what you've always wanted" I stop and half-smile at him.  

"Next time don't come back knocking on my door because you're not welcome anymore," I say before walking out of the office without turning back.