Chapter 23: Intruders

Since I am on leave today. I am going to update a few chapters. Thank you for your patience and kind support. 

'Unfollow My Heart' Nica

"We're doomed!" Aaron mumble as he leans forward on his office desk with his hands on both sides holding himself up. 

Great' I thought and I glance at Eric who is watching outside the window. I could see him frown and he was a little bit angry. I drag my gaze to see the other three sitting there in their seat like statues. 

Okay, am I going to be in trouble? I ask myself and gulp my saliva nervously. 'Say something,' urges Eliz through our link but I block her out again as I can't focus and don't know how to ease the tension in the room. 'What am I supposed to do? Okay, let me try' I thought and parted my lips to speak.

"We last saw each other near the Blood Moon pack," I slowly told them the truth and regretted it the moment I hear groans and cussing from the three statues in the room. Aaron frowned at me which made me heave my shoulder and ignore him. 

"And that was four years ago," Eric replied without looking my way.

"True, but you're not getting my point here," I interject and all of their attention was back on me. 

Gosh, why do I have to put myself on a pedestal? I thought aside. "Ahhh because you're crazy," deadpan Eliz. 'Why does this wolf love to invade my personal space?' I mutter and replied, "honey, there's no such thing called personal as we're both attached to the hip." She pokes her tongue at me and disappears before I block her out.

I groan and let out a heavy sigh before I began to tell them what I know so far. "She used to live with her relatives until a year ago. Jea told me through a letter that she had moved to the Northern bridge Court," I pause, looking around and they seem to be confused. "It's an undercover academy for witches hidden within the mountains of Edinburgh" I explain. "And Jea happens to run that." I zip my lips zeal together afterward.

"That mountain is only for those who wish for their death to be quick," Eric said and scoffs at me. "But then again that was a year ago." He shook his head and I could see that not only he is mad but he is full of disappointment.

There's something he doesn't like and he's taking it out on me. The Eric I met this morning turned bipolar. Ughhh I now not only hate him but I want to crush his bones if Eliz and Zhiper allow me to do it.

"I'm sorry Alpha. It feels like you have a problem with me...if you do, please I would appreciate it if you could emphasize what I did wrong. Apart from the fact that I just told you Jea runs the school of witches in Edinburgh," I said while clenching my fist on my sides. Eliz suddenly reappears, trying to calm me down.

Eric laughs shortly shaking his head then throws me his daggered look.

"You're the problem here Elle," he yells at me.

He made his way to me, and none of the others moved, except for Jay who is about to move in front of me but Lucian nod his head no to him. So, he stayed back, folding his arms across his chest.

"If you hadn't shown up in our lives our packs wouldn't haven't gone through this. Hunters wouldn't be lurking around demanding war and rogues wouldn't have helped them," Eric accusingly says and pointed his finger at me.

Eliz whimpers, cowering back and shutting herself off from me. It was me all alone now to battle against Eric. The nerve of this Alpha. Even though it felt like I'm back to square one again like the day I saw him with Claire but I put on a motionless expression and face him.

"Correct that Alpha, Hunters, and Rogues have been attacking your packs constantly which is not a problem caused by me," I spat and stood my ground not letting his words sink in to hurt me.