Chapter 35: Finale

'Jea was murdered and Zeus is the traitor.' I thought as I woke up in the familiar surroundings of my room at Aaron's pack. I let out a relieved sigh, knowing that I am safe. I then try twisting around on the bed and surprisingly I don't feel sore or experience any pain.

'Thanks to the moon goddess.'

 The door slam open and Aberdeen walks in surprising me. There's a breakfast in her hands which made her focus on balancing the tray and not knowing that I am awake. I smile at her but the sound of her sniffling as if she's been crying made the smile on my face disappear. My heart goes out to my poor best friend. She must have been so worried.

"Aber."

She stops and glances to see me. I smile at her again and Aber being Aber started to cry. She quickly places the tray on the table near the door and run up to me. She crushed me into a big hug which I returned wholeheartedly. Oh, how I miss my bestie, my one, and an only real friend.

"You bad girl," she says, pushing pushes me back on the bed and wiping the tears on her cheek.

"Hey, I didn't do anything."

She rolls her eyes and hit me on the arm. "Yes, you did missy. You scared me and you never call me again," she scolded me.

"Hey don't blame as bad life dramas won't leave me alone and if you could recall I did call you," I reply. 

"Well, call me if another drama happens and I remember the last time you were 3 weeks ago pup," she retaliates, pinching me and I laugh at her before I hug her like a child clinging to her mother. 

"Awww, I won't be doing it again," I tell her and ask her "so how did you come, and why exactly are you here?" 

She let out a long sigh as she fumbles with her fingers. She moves away from me and sits on the chair next to the bed, taking my hands into hers. "We're moving packs, for now. Both Eric and Aaron have offered for all packs to move the children and women here at the Moonbridge for protection. Eric's pack is now used for training campus." she explains.

"That's good! Now I get to hang out more often with you," I say squeezing her hands,

My bedroom door opens again. Jay, Aaron, Conrad, Leto, and Josh walk inside. "Hello, gents," I greeted, waving my hand at them and with a big smile on my face.

"It's good to see you up. Are you feeling any better?" ask Leto in concern. "I am perfectly fine," I reply and he smiles at me in return. He came and stood beside Aberdeen while the rest scatter around my bed, circling me. 

"We know that Alpha Zeus betrayed us and Jea is dead," says Aaron, and I almost gag at his words. I mean can't he just say hello or are you? instead of being a cold prick. I heave a sigh and cock my head on the right side to see him. I ask him, "How did you know?" 

"I heard the howl of your wolf and one of my warriors informed us sometime after last night that Alpha Zeus is the traitor. So you weren't the only one who witnessed it last night. However, I still want to hear your side to confirm everything," he says. 

I sit there not saying anything for a second before I open up to them again. "The barrier hasn't vanished completely," I start and they listen without interrupting me. 

"I overheard Jea saying that only 100 hunters can make it through the barrier. None of those hunters can go back. It means that they die if they do so as only the wolves' gene could bypass the barrier." After telling them some of the things I heard and witnessed, Jay looks on with frustration and I know that he's not only hurt but felt betrayed by his cousin. 

"I don't know why he did it. How can I be so blind...? I didn't expect him to be so" he keeps rambling.

"I think I do," I said to him, and every one turn back to face me. "His Mate is a hunter and we killed her only family. You know they were part of the coup that was killed when I was rescued," I explains.