Chapter 33: Baby

I take a sip of my hot delicious cocoa and fake a smile at my enemies around the breakfast table. It's not like I want to be here in the kitchen with them in the morning. 

I chose to stay not because Aaron convinced me to stay but because I promised to try and be on good terms with my enemies before leaving this horrific life. I know they deserved to be cursed and befallen a treacherous fate. However, I am good and I wanted to take the high road.

'Oh, moon goddess bless this poor child for being a saint,' Eliz keep singing those words in my head and I try so hard to shut her out but she wouldn't. I say this wolf loves to annoy me.

And as for Aaron and me. Well, I do not have to lie and say I do not like Aaron at all. Truth is, I think I do but I am not hundred percent sure about it. It's confusing yet that's life and you cannot just force your feelings if you're not sure.

"If we are to be attacked again then we should be well prepared," said Eric.

I blink and snap out of my thoughts. I glance at Eric, placing my cup of cocoa before me. I thought I could enjoy my breakfast without training or Rogues. However, I am wrong as this breakfast is not going in a direction full of enjoyment.

"I'll train them harder," volunteer Claire and I groan at that. 

"Isn't that supposed to be my job?" I ask.

"I'll train them and you just have to do something around here. I think the pack hospital needs a laundry woman," she replies. 

Ouch! And here I thought we were going to be on good terms and be civilized with each other just this once. 

"Shouldn't you be worried about your health?" I innocently ask her and the bitch laughs at me. Everyone around the table turns to look at me and I heave my shoulder and mouthing what at them.

Damn! do they have to be obvious about their actions. I groan, knowing that everyone is surprised to hear my concerns about Claire. The last time I check she was pregnant and I am surprised not to see any baby being paraded in front of my eyes. 

"Awww it's nice of you but I do not need your concern," she spat and I am losing my patience with her.

"Aren't you pregnant? I mean isn't it too risky for a she-wolf to train others while carrying? At least that's what I heard," I said, folding my arms across my chest.

I glance around and see Eric become stiff while the others seemed to move around as if I had said something wrong. Aaron lifted his head narrowing his eyes at me along with a look of disappointment.

Oh, I'm the bad guy now! What the hell did I do now? Gosh, I take back my words about the possibility of me liking Aaron. He's still a douche. I thought and Eliz shakes her head in disappointment.

"What?"

"Her pup was killed when you guys were kidnapped by the hunters," explains Aaron.

"Ohhhh" I answer like someone who just remembered the right answer. 

It disturbs me when Lucian scowls at me. I always knew that the ass has a problem with me and I am losing my patience. Screw it, I am pissed.

 "You want to say something, Lucian?"

Everybody in the room remains silent and I am so pissed that I pressed on and ask him, "what is it, Lucian? You know that you're getting annoying?" 

He scoffs at me. "Excuse me bitch," he said and glares at me

"Yeah excuse yourself, gigolo," I deadpan and roll my eyes at him.

"They lost a pup and you just-" he stops when he sees that I don't give a fuck about his opinions. I won't be listening if he keeps on going. "You're unbelievable," he said and stare at me in disbelief.

"Unbelievable? It's not like they can't make or have another one. Can they?" I snap back.

Everyone sat there speechless and Eric looks at me as if I'm the craziest person in the world. However, their expressions didn't stop me there as I have said I am pissed, and whose fault? Yeah, it's their fault. I was only trying to be nice and yet they didn't even try with me.

"It's not like she's infertile. If she can bare one then she can bare thousands," I reckon.

"You monster!" Claire growls at me. She pushes her chair back and reaches out for me. Her eyes flared with fury. Conrad and Eric were quick enough to hold her back. 

I raised my eyebrow in mock disbelief. I scoffed. "Are you serious? you really want to fight me because the last time I checked I almost beat you pup." I shake my head in disappointment. "It's so disappointing to be a Luna," I told her.

 "You." She angrily pointed her finger at me. "I will-"

 "There will be no next time of being nice to you Claire. I've been trying to be nice over these past few days but you keep pushing me and I am not someone you can all push around," I said and slowly drag my gaze around to everyone in the room. 

"So don't test me as I only have little patience," I warn Claire and it's clear that I am also referring to everyone around the table. I don't care if they're all high ranks and I am just a warrior. It's not the strength that makes anyone strong but the will to do it. 

Their reaction was priceless. Eliz chuckles at me. "Speech, girl...speech," she said while applauding me. I push back my chair and went to wash my hands. I lost my appetite. I came back from the sink and find them still sitting around the table. I am glad that they are silent instead of being noisy. I leaned my back against the door frame of the kitchen.

I stretch my hands in front of me and for something heavy to be placed on it. No way! I froze for a second, watching the creature yawn. Didn't I mention before that I hate pups?

 And who in her right mind would place a pup in my hands? Worst of all he couldn't stop crying and I look up to find everyone in the room staring at how intense I am with a child.

"Get the creature off of me" I demand. My stoic feature did not give any suggestion of what is currently on my mind. Their mouths dropped open and I hear the pup stops crying.

"Excuse me my child is not a creature," the healer glared at me and I want to retort, saying that he is a part creature but the pup's eyes made me forget about it. The healer came and snatch her pup away from me. However, the little one started to cry at a high-pitched volume which made everyone in the kitchen try to cover their ears. She put him back in my arms again and this time the young pup smiled.

"Hoi, yah don't smile" I keep repeating those words three times.  I hear Claire complaining to the others, "I cannot believe this." They all began to talk at once however, the little one caught my attention. I place one hand behind his head and neck and the other hand under his bottom. 

Awww he looks cute, I said to Eliz and she agrees with me. 

The pup's small hands reached up and I held him up close. He touches my nose and then smiles. It made me smile and my horrible experiences with pups especially when I watched a doctor cut a baby shower in blood from the Cascarade Luna's pack when I was ten disappeared. This one made me smile and I cannot believe I'll say this but he is so adorable. 

When he fell asleep I hand him over to the healer and she thanked me for looking after him while she had her breakfast. I walk out of the kitchen and went straight to the living room where others are sitting around the couches.

The door bursts open, and a bloody warrior is being accompanied by Aaron's warriors. Everyone stands up and moves to the wounded warrior. Aaron was about to ask when the door slam opens and Jay walks breaking the bad news to everyone.

"They have attacked the Cascarade and no one survived."