Chapter 14: What Did I Missed?

"He did it again," I tell Aberdeen as I cried in her arms while she rocks me back and forth like a child. "I thought of giving him a chance but he chose her over me." 

I still couldn't control my emotions. "It hurts so much Aber, first off he kills me and now he kills me again yesterday. He left me there to die," I cried.

Aberdeen hushes me but I just couldn't stop right away. I didn't know how and when I fell asleep in her arms.

 I woke up to the sunlight shining through my room's window. I got up from the bed and went to get ready. Looking in my mirror after taking a shower I told myself that I won't let him or anyone degrade me again. 

Twice is enough. I pick out a high waist skirt that reaches right above my knee and an off-shoulder spaghetti top. Then I put on my wedges and did a little bit of my makeup. Afterward I walk back to my nightstand to retrieve my small purse. 

I turn around and shriek aloud when Aberdeen surprises me in the room. I scolded her "what the hell Aber?" My hand is now on my chest trying to calm my beating heart.

"Okay just don't freak out" she said and pushes me to sit on the bed. "Geez, fine woman" I say raising my hand in surrender and sit on the bed in obedient. 

"I don't want you to panic over this. I know I should have told you last night but I couldn't" she told which made me confused. "Aber just cut it out and tell me what's going on?" I ask her.  She half-smiles and said, "just don't freak out. Okay?" I'm seriously running out of patience now "Aber" I raise my at her.

"Alpha Eric will be here today. I mean he's not going to be the only one. There will be others," she explain and flashes a smile waiting for my reaction but nothing happens. I know I should create drama but I won't let this detail ruin my effort of dressing up today. 

"What do you mean by others?" I ask and she tries to smile. "The Cascarade pack" she finally let out another absurd detail. I roll my eyes at the mentioning of that freaking pack's name and Aber stood there in surprise with my reaction.

'Embrace today and emotions later' Eliz says in my head and I agree with her. 'Conceal don't feel, right' Eliz rolls her eyes 'you're no Elsa but agree.'

"You're not mad?" she ask and I shake my head no. She let out a sigh of relief and hug me. "I am so proud of you Elle," she says to me. 

Aberdeen and I talk for another 20 minutes discussing the upcoming meetings with the other packs. Guess my former pack is going to be here too, after all, we can never run away from our past. After reassuring Aberdeen for the hundredth times that I'm fine she then finally leaves me in my room. Checking myself once more in the mirror I take a deep breath before making my way out of the room.

I quicken my steps downstairs knowing that I'll be meeting with them soon. I was so lost in my bewilderment that I didn't even bother to look up when I collided with something hard.

"Darn it!" 

I look up and come face to face with Mr. Hottie, the ruthless Alpha who rejected his Mate and caused everything to be in disorder. The one who heartlessly followed my mate's footsteps and left me to the unmerciful hands of the Hunters. I remember he is the one Jenna mention that has no feelings and his pack trains like maniacs. 

'It's his choice that he turned up to be like that and drag us into the mud with him, now we don't have a mate all because of him and his stupid mate Claire' Eliz gabbles on angrily in our link.

"Sorry didn't see you," I apologize avoiding his gaze and move to walk towards the hall where the meeting is going to be held.

When I get inside the hall. I look around and see that it was already filled with different pack members. There were high rankings members with their Alphas and Luna's sitting in the front of them. I also saw my ex-best friend Serena who is now Luna to the Cascarade Pack, my former pack. Serena was sitting next to one of my favorite Luna's none other than Claire. I walk and settled on the chair third from the front row.

I try my best to ignore other people's gazes even though their stares is burning my cheeks. Lucian and Eric's gazes never left mine but my eyes were focused on the wall. It was the most perfect view at the moment.

Once when all Alpha's were present, the meeting was then began. I find it boring and I wasn't interested in anything anyone in the hall says. Therefore, I close my eyes and pretended to listen yet I just wanted this meeting to be over with. The room fell silent and I smile to myself . Finally now the headache is done, time to go.' I told myself before opening my eyes. 

I am so ready to be out of there but when I am about to stand up from seat I find it strange that everyone is staring back at me. My body froze and my eyes wander around to look for any sign of Aberdeen or Leto but those stupid heads couldn't be seen anywhere.

"So ladies and gentlemen, apologies but what did I missed?" I asks. The grin never left my face while deep inside I just wanted to disappear.