Chapter 27: Not Again

We need to pay a visit to our enemies someday or perhaps sometimes.

I am halfway through to the packed ground when I hear strange voices. Oh moon goddess, don't tell me that ghosts are also talking about me. I groan and am about to turn around to go where I came from. However, Aaron who is running in my direction made me stop on my track.

"Is he going to kill me because I said that he should smile often?' I ask myself and at the same time, my heart starts to beat furiously. I swear it's going to pop out of my chest. 'No' I shook my head and move back. Aaron got closer and instead of killing me. My legs suddenly swoop off in the air as his two arms hold me tight, carrying me with the speed we make it to the pack house in a second.

He puts me down gently as I try to catch my breath. "What the hell was that for?" I shouted at Aaron who disappeared into the pack house. I watch as other wolves howl in the air before running into the woods led by Conrad.

Okay, don't tell me we're under attack again. I tried to steady my uneven breathing. I look around and see some female werewolves jumping into two trucks, while others took the kids inside the house.

I then saw wires going up like gates surrounding the house. Aaron came running out of the pack house and the gate closed just in time he stood in front of me. He didn't even give me a chance to speak as he scoops me up again like a bride and then dumps me into his car like a paper bag. 

I was about to ask him what was going on but he started the engine and drove with such speed making me scream. "Alpha where the hell are we going?" 

He ignores me, switching the car gear and continues to speed up

"I swear to you-"

"Eric's pack is under attack," he said cutting me off. He swerves the car around almost making me hit the window. My poor face.

"Where is he then?" I ask and turn around to face him. His eyes focused on the road while answering, "he is already on his way there." He didn't explain or said anything further. 

I on the other hand become lost in my thoughts. Once it came across the name Claire I scream to Eliz through our link. 'Oh hell no. I'm not going to see her again. I am not going there.' I shook my head. Nope, I'm not seeing her again.

"Let me out" I yell at Aaron and try to open the door but it's locked. "Let me out!" I scream punching him on the shoulder. 

"Too bad we're here," he said and gets out of the car, slamming the door. I watch him shifting into his wolf while running towards the gate.

I groan getting out only to be attacked by a hunter who probably thought I was human since I'm not shifting. I move backward and he leans forward with his knives slicing in the air. I move my left leg back before my right one high kicks him on the side and he's out.

'Well that was pretty easy' I told Eliz and started to tie him up before running towards the pack gate dodging bullets and snapping the necks of the hunters in the way. The pack is in chaos with wolves attacking the hunters who put up a pretty good fight.

I join them even though I loathe Claire and Eric but I cannot be a bystander and watch the innocent ones in their pack die before my eyes.

Once it was over I rested on the pack house steps. "Elle I thought I'll never see you again," Jenna excitedly hugs me. "I too buddy," I said, smiling at her.

"Oh My Elle!" someone squeals from the other side and before I could respond, I was crushed into a big hug. 

"Aber, you're here!" I hug her back.

"What are you doing here?" I ask and she replies, "you forgot we're allies with Eric." I became confused. "But you didn't come to Aaron's pack when they were under attack," I said and she rubs her hands together. "We're only allied with Eric, not Aaron's pack," she explains.

Ahhh now I get it.

"I miss you and sorry for not calling," she said, waving her hand in the air dismissively. "It's alright I know you were quite busy Aber." I slumped my shoulders and look at Jenna, "don't even get me started."  

We all laugh and chat for a moment. However, our laughter died down when we hear Claire's annoying voice. We all turn to see her rushing out of the safe house and jumping into Eric's arms. 

'Not that scene again' I groan to Eliz

"Ahh, my eyes hurt," Aberdeen said and dramatically touches her neck as if it were in pain. "I want to faint," added Jenna. I laugh at them.

Aaron saw us and started walking our way. His eyes fixed on mine reminding me of someplace or rather some wolf.

"Are you okay?" he asked when he reaches us. 

His question was getting old in my book so I decided to be dramatic like the other two friends of mine. "Ahhh!" I scream pretending to be in pain. "My back-" I see Conrad walking by and I reach out for him. "Conrad helps me, Aber, Jenna my back ahhh-" I fake a painful look.

Eric who is having his moment with his chosen mate pull away from her immediately and left her there. He and Lucian came running to our side. Claire frowns at me and for the second time, this werewolf community should give me an Oscar Award like the human does to their best actresses.

"Is everything okay?" ask Eric and I stand up straight.

"Aber I told you to massage it not to dislocate my bones," I scolded her and winks at her without the others knowing. "Jenna, you're my witness if I die from this," I gave Jenna a warm smile. Aaron coughs a little as if he wanted to laugh, while Conrad shook his head.

"I think there is someone you were dying to see," her voice annoys me which ruins my mood. I shrug my shoulder and flip my hair. Lucian frowned at me. I can't believe that he and his Alpha bought my acting. Eric looks back to Claire and I look over his shoulder and saw her with Jea.

Everyone frown at Jea. I forgot that none of them have seen her before. "Everybody this is Jea," she introduces her to everyone.

"But how?" I wonder as I am a bit confused now. I wonder how did she get here and who has done the honor of fetching her. I should personally give that person a thank you gift.

However, I try to push those thoughts aside and gleam at her in excitement. I am also excited that I don't have to volunteer in retrieving her from the Death Mountains. 

"How did she get here?" I whisper to Aaron.

"Alpha Zeus sent his men there. It seems like he was ahead of us, after that day we told him that you'll be the one going to find Jea," he explains and I nod my head.

I then saw Alpha Zeus coming from behind Jea. He waves in our direction and I smile back. Remembering Eliz dislikes him I shook Aber's shoulder. 

"Aber, have you seen my keys?" I lied signaling to her. Hurriedly we excuse ourselves from the Alphas and start to look for Leto and Alpha Josh. When we found them we went back to Jenna's home and she offers me her spare clothes. 

I changed into her skinny jeans and a plain black shirt. Then I put on a pair of black sneakers. Once we're ready, we all head back to Eric's conference hall. 

Alphas, beta, gamma, and one of the top warriors from other packs were summoned too to meet urgently. Everyone made it in time which surprises me how fast these people got here. The door opens, and enter Jea. She didn't smile, and she seemed like she is avoiding me.

There was something different about her.

"Thank you again for helping us today and more importantly I would like to give a warm welcome to Ms. Jea who is here with us today" Eric speaks. "Thank you again to Alpha Zeus for finding her."

All attention turned to Jea who straightened herself as she was leaning against the wall and walked towards one of the chairs, smiling. Eliz groan and said in a bored tone 'not again.'