Chapter 39: It's Done It's Over

Eric was wrong when he said that I could love freely and move on from the past. A part of me is still stuck there. I am not moping about losing Eric or the fact that I never have a Mate but it's the fact that life wasn't fair for all. However, we cannot blame life itself as it is also our fault for being selfish.

I stood there as Eric's pack warriors lowered the casket down. Alphas and betas from other packs stood by it. They have come to pay tribute to the fallen warriors and the Alpha of Daluna for their bravery.

Aaron is nowhere in sight and even Claire isn't here to see Eric's final burial. The fake bitch is busy pretending to be miserable in her room. She wants to earn everyone's pity and sympathy while deep down inside she wanted Aaron to be there for her. I know she wants to take another chance with him. 

I've seen and witnessed the way she acts when Eric died. It must have been so good to have two people who fought over her, it must have been good to her for having a backup to a happy life ending.

I watch as one of the elders concluded the sermon and one by one Alphas, Betas, and the attendees left. I was the last one to leave. I put a white rose on his grave and turn to walk away from there. 

"Elle," someone calls me and I turn to find Lucian running up to me. I stop to wait for him.

It's funny how things turn out after Eric's death. Lucian and I have finally settled some undisputed business. He was ashamed of the things he said and for leaving me behind to die. He indeed did express his sincerest apologies along with his regrets. 

"Are you leaving?" he asks and I nodded my head. "Yeah, I have to go to Aaron's pack to get my things." He smiles at me and hugs me. "Everything will be alright Elle. You are going to be okay," he whispers before he pulls away and walks to go to the others.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Aberdeen says from behind me. She hugs me tightly. 

"Better," I reply. 

"And Eliz?" she asks and I pull away. 

"She's mourning but no worries I'll make sure to cheer her up."

Aberdeen smiles at me and pats my shoulder saying, "I'm happy for you, always the strongest one." She looks around me before asking again "so how are things with Aaron?"

I knew someone would ask me this and I never expect that someone to be my best friend. I may have told her about me and Aaron when Eric died. Her question should have hurt me but it's unlikely that I am okay with it. 

"I don't know," I answer shrugging my shoulders. "He told me two days ago that he needed space, so I gave him his space," I finish and fiddle my fingers together. 

Aberdeen pulls me in a hug again before pulling away. "What?" she frowns and pushes me aside. She rushes past me and I was confused for a moment then I turned my head to where she is heading.

"Oh no!" I exclaimed and run after her hoping for Leto to stop her. "Damn it," I cuss when I don't see Leto. "Aber," I call after her and quicken my steps. However, I am too late as Aberdeen is in front of Claire. Aberdeen aggressively pulls her back by the fabric of her black dress.

"Aberdeen!" I shouted which caused everyone to look at them and then at me. I got there and tried to pull her away but Aberdeen brush off my hands.

"Are you happy now?" she screams at Claire. Aaron pull her away from Aber and held Claire in his arms

"Aber," my plea went silent.

"What now Claire, Eric is dead... What now?" she shouted at her earning a growl from the pack.

"Oh shut all your holes," she snaps back at them. "It's not like she's your true Luna. This is all her fault. If you didn't run away from him," Aber yell around pointing her fingers to Claire and then to Aaron. "Elle would still have a chance with Eric you sly bitch."

I tried to hold her back but she wouldn't yield. "You won't even let my friend be happy for once. How dare you! First off you stole her mate. You knew she was out there but you selfish whore wouldn't let go of her mate. So what, you're taking him back, what a nice backup plan." 

Aberdeen disappointedly looks at Aaron. "You know I think Eric was way better than you. He may have done wrong in the beginning but in the end, he did something right," she spats, and Aaron growled at her.

Aberdeen laughed haughtily and narrow her eyes at Aaron. "What Aaron? Did I say something wrong?" 

I refuse to let myself cry in front of all these people. "Aber please stop," I beg her in a whisper. I didn't want to ruin this day for everyone who is already mourning. However, Aberdeen ignores me again with her fingers pointing in the air at Aaron.

"He hurt her. You hurt her Aaron." I closed my eyes when hearing those words. "Please," I beg again but she wouldn't. I am growing tired of begging her to stop. So I ended up shouting "yes everyone hurts me, except you, Josh and Leto."

I could feel my eyes burning red with tears and this isn't what I want but I guess it was too late. "Yes, I'm hurt by everyone maybe not physically but emotionally," I admitted turning to everyone around us. I didn't care if they did or not.

"Everything hurts yet it doesn't change the fact that I was late and that I couldn't control my fate or their feelings," I tried to hold back the tears, still refusing to cry. 

I have already closed off my mind from Eliz as I didn't want her to hurt any further. She's been through a lot already. Losing her soul Zhipa was hard for her since they both loved one another.

"Aaron you asked me to give you space," I say turning to him and I could see guilt in his eyes. "I guess I'm not giving you one anymore." 

He looked at me as if he wanted to say something but I cut him off before he does. "We're done and it's not like we were anything at all, right? So you're free to be with her again." I pause, trying to hold my voice together. 

"It's not like I expected you to have feelings for me, Aaron. So, here I am making things right again...things that were all fucked up because of some people's selfishness."

I take one deep breath with my eyes never leaving his. I said to him, "it's over Aaron, it's done... Now let's all forget the latecomer ever existed." 

And after saying that I turn around and take the only path that I vowed not to take. I run away from everyone. I run away from everything and this time my tears sprung free from my eyes and I was never to be stopped by anyone even if they try to I won't either.