Chapter 9: On Deaf Ears

Three weeks later

The training was hard and Daluna's techniques are hard to cope with. Trying to master it within a month is not a good thing. It was weeks of struggle and stress.

After our last training, Jenna a girl I befriended two weeks ago walks beside me back to the packhouse. The incident on my first dinner here made everyone cast me out and I didn't know they held grudges for so long.

However, tonight will be my last dinner in Daluna's Pack and they still didn't forgive me and it doesn't mean I didn't try. Believe it! I did but they wouldn't bother. Claire was being a total bitch to me throughout this one month. Indeed, who cares as if my mate would care. I'm going back today and I would never come back here again since I'm unwanted here.

"I can tell you can't wait to go home," whisper Jenna and I nod my head. "Yep, I cannot wait to be out of this awful pack," I said in a teasing tone. She pushes me forward playfully and I retaliate by pushing her back.

"What can't beat me," I tease Jenna but she stood there not saying anything.

"Jen" I wave my hands in front of her face to get her attention but she stands still. I follow where she looks and sees a car coming slowly from the gate then it parked in front of the packhouse. Stealing a sideways glance Jenna looks heated. She started to act differently by pulling back a strand of her hair behind her ears and trying to hide behind me.

I turn back and find a guy at his car's door staring in our direction. Oh for goodness sake, he is smoking hot. His jet black hair is combed neatly and his body looks fit. He somehow has that dangerous vibe to his look and the way he stands and dressed. I pretend to look at the other side for a minute before turning in his direction hoping he is looking elsewhere. However, his gaze never left my face and I challenged him in return by staring back at him. 

Our staring competition was interrupted by Claire who came running outside and hugged the stranger then followed by Eric. The heartless devil only glances my way for a second and immediately turns to the man. 

'They seem pretty close,' Eliz wonders and I agree with her. No doubt about that, because the way they interacted with one another is quite comforting.

Pulling out of my thoughts I turn back to Jenna. "Are you okay?" I ask her and she only fiddles with her fingers nervously. "Okay, if you're going to stand there all day might as well continue so. I have a bag to pack" I told her but before I could walk away she hold me back by the arm.

"That's Alpha Reed of the Moonbridge Pack, he's....." she said and moves closer whispering to my right ear "he's Luna's mate."

My world stops

My eyes almost bulge out from their sockets

My jaw tightens

I am definitely in shock right now. I thought she doesn't have a Mate. Jenna fails to notice my reaction as she was busy blabbering about the trio in front of the packhouse.

"The thing is he rejected her then she ran away that's how she met Alpha Eric. Oh gosh, I remember the first time Eric brought her here when he and Lucian found her crossing our border. Oh my! Isn't that romantic I mean I could imagine those moments I've read in books," she said.

 Jenna looks flushed and she leans closer and continues to whisper in my ear, "I also heard his Mate already died after mating with some Alpha." I feel my insides burning and Eliz growls through our link. She begs to take control but I couldn't let her out.

I wish for Jenna to shut up a little but she continues to tell me all about the trio. I couldn't blame her since she doesn't know that I am the mate of the jerk she's jabbering about. "So, yeah as cliché as it is, he asks for a second chance but both Claire and Eric were already in love so she rejected Alpha Reed and chose Eric instead," she said ending with a smile.

I feel like crying right now.

"And you know what's interesting Alpha Reed is now the most Ruthless Alpha without a Mate. Poor him and poor Eric's mate I don't think she died or ever mated to anyone," Jenna added.

I clench my fist and hold back my anger. "Should we bet on it?" she asks me but I don't say anything. 

"You, know they say she died but I have a hunch that she-"

"Thank you, it sounds thrilling Jenna but would you excuse me I have to go change now. So see you tonight or tomorrow?" I said faking a smile and at the same time, I tried not to sound rude. 

"Tomorrow," she says and waves goodbye before she goes off to her home.

'Mated then died, well Eliz let's show them how dead we are" I said, holding my fist tight.

Mustering up our courage I continue to walk toward the packhouse without a smile on my face. I made it to where they stood but I don't acknowledge them. My eyes were focused on the front door.

"Hey, Elle how's training?" the witch asks but I keep walking.

"Elle" I hear her screeching voice but my legs wouldn't stop.

"Elle-" I hear the heartless prick but I ignore their voices.

"This is Alpha-" 

Her words fall on deaf ears. Sorry I couldn't hear it.

"Elle-"

I open the front door before slamming it shut. I run-up to my room and then shut the door behind me before locking it from inside. Slowly I slide down to the floor crying without making a noise.