Chapter 24: Alpha Zeus

"Alpha Zeus" Eric shifted and greeted him followed by Aaron.

Eliz giggles and fans herself with her paws before we turn to the other side. My eyes hurt and I regret looking at something I am not supposed to see. Something that I avoid seeing between Zeus's legs.

'Ahhhh our poor innocent eyes' I pouted and Eliz laughs in my face. I turn away shutting our eyes. These men thought that my wolf and I must have seen tons of their private parts but the truth is this is the first time we saw the male glory that people talk about.

Great! Just Great! I open my eyes again to see if they're still naked and thank the moon goddess some of them are already cover-up. Taking a look around us, we saw one of the pack members handing out clothes.

I moved toward her to fetch some clothes. She smiles when saw us. "Hello, sorry you had to see so many naked men around," she said, handing me a pair of shorts and a black t-shirt. "Thank you," I howl in an appreciative tone which made her smile even more. I walk away before I changed behind a tree away from the eyes of the pervy male wolves.

Once I finished, I walk from behind the tree, adjusting my shirt. "Elle, are you okay?" someone asks me and I turn to find Jay walking up to where I stand. "Sorry for not being able to help you back there," he said and I could see guilt in his eyes.

I smile back at him "Yeah, and it's okay. Eric is just a pain in the ass" I joke which made him chuckle. "Right," he said, scratching the back of his head.

"So" I lick my dry lips and shove my hands in my short pockets. "Zeus is your Alpha?" I ask and he runs his hand on his temple

"Yeah you could say that but..." he trails off with his answer as if there is something he doesn't want me to know. I frown at him because he is acting strange to me.

"Jay, was he not the one who saved me from the hunters' hideout?" I ask again.

"No, I mean not really" he keeps rambling off which made me frown even more. "Look Elle it's complicated and I know you want to thank him for saving your life but can you not do it. You know just let it go?" He said and now I am so confused. "Please Elle, just be grateful that's all."

I wanted to push for answers but I know he wouldn't answer any of my unanswered questions. We start to walk back to the pack house and talk about the basic life questions and answers, catching up from where we left off when went on our separate ways.

Alpha Zeus walked ahead with Aaron and Eric while Jay and I trail not far from behind them.

~~~

Some time afterward, we're all back to where we were this morning. The clock in Aaron's office keeps ticking, my nails tapping the armchair and eyes rolling from side to side. I am constantly going out of my mind as I waited for the Alphas and their betas to make their next move. Previously, these bastards couldn't come to terms on whom to send to the Northern Bridge Court to get Jea from Edinburgh.

Well, after the surprise attack from the hunters and the grand entrance of Alpha Zeus, everyone went back to Aaron's office. Indeed, instead of having breakfast, we had lunch since the fight went up for hours. Like I said earlier before the attack I was so high to notice the time spent especially when my wolf wasn't helping. The only time she did is when she felt her mate running in our direction '

What a show-off.'

Here we are sitting in silence after Eric, Zeus, and Aaron's disagreement. Therefore, this is a bit awkward. At the same time, I am nervous as if there is a ticking bomb in Aaron's office. I wanted to say something but I know now is not the right time. I rock myself slowly and look at Aaron the brute Alpha Eric.

Then I look at Lucian and Connor who remains seated and both of them look calm as they glance at their Alphas.

I shifted my gaze and my eyes remain on Zeus when Jay's warning and words about him cross my mind. I remember he told me some interesting things about Zeus. He didn't go into details about it but Jay told me his one rule.

He warns me to never tell Zeus that I owe him anything especially since I am a female. Zeus will only ask for one thing from me in return. He doesn't care whether I am mated or not.

Those were Jay's words, not mine.

The door opens up and Jay walks in with the list and posters of those wanted by the hunters. He also has a stack of books underneath his arms. He tried to hold onto it so that they won't fall on the floor. Since the other two Betas are enjoying their vacation in Pluto I stood up and went to help Jay. We then set everything on the table that is in the middle of the office.

I turn to the right to find Zeus eyeing me curiously and at the same time, I could tell that he doesn't like my presence in the office. I quickly look down to my feet and walk back to my seat avoiding his preying eyes.

"Before we start again I just want to know something. Why she's doing here in our business," Zeus's stoic voice and question booms inside the room. I look up to see him walking up to the table.

Aaron turns his gaze to me and then to Zeus. "She's one of the Wanted people," he replies.

"It's funny she's not on our list. We only have one female on the list and her poster looks nothing like her" Zeus says, pointing at me. "Still that does not answer my question, why is she in here? She's not a Luna or a beta"

Ouch, that's like adding salt to my already wounded heart. I hate him too and Jay was right about the asshole.

I hear a chair scrape and I glance aside to see Eric standing up from his chair. I guess these two asshats will gang up on me. Great. I thought. However, his words made me frown and I have to object to that idea.

"She will find Jea for us and yes she already volunteered to go to the Death Mountains," Eric says and refers to Edinburgh.

I gritted my teeth and muttered under my breath, 'since when did I volunteer again?' Eliz who had been holding her peace deadpan at me, 'umm you forgot that you did and it was before the attack.' Her words disheartened me as I realized that she may be right and at the same time I want to shrink to an ant-wolf if that even exists.

Zeus's gasps made me look at him in bored, wondering 'what now?'

"Ah so you're that girl," he exclaimed and I furrow my eyebrow, "I miss that entertaining meeting where two Luna's went up against Josh's top warrior," he laughs shortly. He looks interested now. "You know news travels fast," he said and winks at me before continuing without a red light to stop him.

"The unmated one, who mated other wolves' mates" he winks again in my direction.

The serious Alpha I met at the attack and the same that despise my presence a while ago instantly changed into Casanova. I never liked those kinds of men, I wish there was a wall between us.

"You must have got the wrong info Alpha as you see I don't mate other people's mate," I retorted.

He threw me his serious look and said, "I like you. Wish you could be my Luna. I heard that mouth of yours could be good for something else." He chuckles when he sees my scrunch-up face.

Jay was right not to let me say thanks to the bastard as the jerk does not deserve it. I might not understand the meaning behind his words but I hope he chokes on it. I know it's bad of me to think like that but the Alpha is getting on my nerves.

Aaron met my eyes and he sighs before speaking, "Alpha Zeus you're in my pack. It is disrespectful to treat someone under my roof in such a manner." Aaron seems to hit the nerve in him, Zeus glares back at him before his hands rest on the table.

"I don't know why you keep her here but you should let the hunters have her," Zeus scoffed, he seems to be annoyed by Aaron's words. He bent down the table reaching for the poster.

Nobody says anything and once again everything went silent.