Chapter 29: Barriers

Barriers are made when you're insecure, don't trust other people, when danger is near and you need to protect yourself.

Her hands were lifted in the air with her lips moving, chanting a different language. The sky started to get dark as if a storm is about to strike.

Jea's eyes went up, their color changing before it looked clouded. Suddenly strong winds blew which made everyone cower and try to hold on to anything nearby them. So, that they can hold their feet on the ground instead of being blown away by the wind. 

I crouch down digging my claws in the dirty ground. When it's gone I retracted my claws and dust off the dirt before standing straight with my hands on both sides. I felt my hand being squeezed by someone and I quickly glance to my right side to find Zeus smiling at me. 

Eliz flinched and I roll my eyes at him and tried to shake his hand away. However, the douche held on to my hand so tight. I pray for no one to notice but Lucian glance back at me and once he sees my hand linked with Zeus he switches his gaze between the two of us. I raise my brow at him and he rapidly turns his attention back to Jea.

The ground violently shakes making everyone on the field gasp in horror and tries to stand their ground as the place continues to shake. I force my hand out of Zeus's grip and I almost fell back when I finally released myself from the jerk.

A barrier rises from the ground before it extends to the other side until it becomes invisible. Jea explains that the barrier will surround the realms of the werewolves protecting us from the humans, mainly the hunters.

I must say I am impressed but not when it comes to kicking ass. Eliz chuckles when she hears my thoughts

"WOW" exclamations were heard and I simply stood there with no expression shown on my face. "Anyone wants to try?" asks Jea. Josh is the first one to step forward and moves toward it. He walks past normally like there was no force or friction to know the barriers.

"Interesting" Eric mumbles from behind, which startles me. I have no idea that he was behind me all this time. I scoot over and went to stand beside Aberdeen and Leto making way for Mr. Complicated.

"I wonder if anyone could break it" Claire curiously asks and I can see that she is faking it. That woman never fails with her fake reaction which some people bought but not me. 

Jea smile at Claire and said, "no one will. Trust me! As long as I live." I want to gag at her words and spit on the ground she walks on. Jea looks proud of her work before she turns around and makes her way toward me

"So what do you think?" she asks while she has that fake smile blaster on her face.

Seriously, didn't she get my message? I mean these girls think that it was okay to still be friends with someone whom they insult and betray. On top of it, there was not even slight remorse shown on her face to know that she could be forgiven.

"Do you even need my opinions?" I fake a smile at her, showing off my white teeth. I sigh and turn back to Aberdeen.

"So, you and Alpha Zeus?" she asks, catching up on me. 

She held back my arm and gave me that questionable look. I laugh shortly, nodding my head at the fact that she was only interested in knowing my relationship with Zeus and not even utter a sincere apology for what she did. 

To apologize must be a really hard thing to do and I made her do it but what I want is for her to be sincere about it and to repent for her wrongdoing against me. Therefore, instead of being nice, I decided to play with her mind

"Already fucked and mated" I whisper in her ear. and bit on my bottom lip quickly. "Oops, I shouldn't be telling you that. Shhh, it's our secret," I whisper putting my finger between my lips.