Chapter 40: Much Better

Thank you for your votes and comments. Once again we are ranked 1st in author and other remarkable rankings. So thank you, everyone :) xoxo 'Unfollow My Heart'

A year later

"I miss you so much," Aberdeen says as she crushed me in a hug.

"It's good to be back," I mumble, hugging her in return. 

"I know you did Elle. Now come along, there's a hottie at home" she says and winks at me, sashaying her way to the car. I shake my head as I follow behind her. I get into her car and we drive out of there. 

I touch the photo hanging from the rear mirror. "Aww he is so cute," I say and Aberdeen smile at me. 

"I know that you cannot wait to see our little Augustus," said excitedly say. "Why didn't you bring him?" I ask. "Seriously, if you look around I just fetch you from the woods" she answers and I roll my eyes at that. 

"He is going to be in the woods when he grew up" I tease her and she heaves her shoulder. "Oh moon goddess, please Leto and Augustus are enough not my best friends. I have enough kids to look after" she mumble which made me chuckle. 

"We're not kids," I told her. "Then you and Leto should act like your age," she replies and we both laugh at that.

I look out of my window and began to recall how I left things in the past and where I have been living. After running away from the funeral I grab my stuff from Aaron's pack and left for the human realms without looking back.

How did I even get there? 

Well, Jea says wolves can still cross the barrier without any harm and I use a car to travel through the distance. I called back to apologize to Aberdeen and told her that I needed to rethink everything including what I wanted to do with my life.

Therefore, going to the human realm was the best thing that ever happened to me. It was a whole new phase for me as there were no wolves, hunters, rogues, or any mate dish. It was just me and the wonders of their world as shown in the movies. I also have met so many wonderful people and was able to live a life of a human being. 

And living among them even made me fall in love with kids and wish to adopt one someday. To add on, there was one thing I didn't get to fulfill and that is to meet with the awesome boy band group who sings my favorite song, 'Boy with Luv.'  

None other than the BTS.

'You never got the moves right' Eliz jokes and I glare at her even more.  

"Whatever" I snap back. 

Yes, that is another thing. I thought living on the human land would be so freaking easy. However, I have to earn a living and I have to admit that I struggle in my first year there to survive. 

Therefore, I didn't have any money for the ticket to any of the BTS concerts or to save up for a trip across the Pacific islands. I heard the sunset there is warm and the beaches are nice for a getaway.

'And you still don't afford it. You're here and haven't even traveled,' Eliz says again and laughs at my misfortunes. I block her off immediately.

Anyways, even though the trip was short and should have taken three or maybe five years but at least I relieved myself from everything that had happened in the past. Coming back was something I wanted to do as no one can leave things un-mend. 

We all need to make amendments, forgive and then forget. It's not for their peace of mind but mine alone. Here I am back in Alcader's pack. The pack where I truly and always belong to. 

Once we arrived back at the pack house I saw Leto outside with their son Augustus. I smiled and wave at them.

Aberdeen parked the car and Leto walked toward us handling the baby to Aber then spread his arm wide for me and I run into them. He drags me to Josh's office his hand still on my arms.

"I swear he's been nagging me about you," complained Aberdeen. "You two are true siblings from different parents," she added but Leto and I teases her back as we walk inside the house.

We enter the office and saw someone talking to the alpha. Aber immediately nudges me on the shoulder and points her head in the stranger's direction but her winks don't go unnoticed. 

Josh stopped talking and stood up from his desk. "It's good to have you back Elle," he says as he hugs me. He pulls away and turns me around to face the young handsome stranger. I could sense that he is unmated.

"This is Elle. Elle, I want you to meet Jeff. Our new top warrior," Josh introduces the stranger and my mouth went into an o shape. He steps forward extending his hand and I shook it while giving him my best smile. 

I would lie if I said that this guy is not hot because definitely he is and I'm almost drooling now. Moon goddess those eyes and that smile if only he was made for me. However, how tragic my life is? 

Eliz laughs in my head and says, "tsk Tsk too bad Elle... too bad."

"So it's true you're back," a voice says which stops me from going to la la land. 

Now, who the bold just ruin the moment. I thought as I turn away from Jeff. I find him leaning towards the door frame. 

I could feel the mood in the room shift as if Josh is afraid that I might explode. I wasn't going to as Aberdeen already told me everything. She told me that Aaron apologizes to them after the funeral. He even begs them to create an alliance and see past their differences but that was it nothing else. There was no juicy gossip about him or the other guys like Jay and Conrad.

"Hi," I said with a smile at him. Josh, Aberdeen, and Leto's eyes blink in disbelief while Jeff looks confused.

"I came right away when I heard you came," he says and he looks nervous at the same time.

"I know" 

'liar' hiss Eliz and again everyone in the room keeps looking between the two of us.

"Do you want to take a walk with me?" he nervously asked me.

"I would love that" I answer. I wasn't lying when I say I came back to make peace with everyone and it's not such a bad idea to start with Aaron. 

I turn around to face the others and said, "it would be nice if a meal is  ready for your guests when they return right guys?"

Aberdeen roll her eyes and scoffed, "Oh please guest my as-"

"Shhh, a child is in the room woman. Bad role model." I pout and lightly pinch Augustus's cheeks before kissing his forehead. "Bad mother aww poor baby," I say, teasing Aberdeen, and the men in the office chuckle.

"Now excuse me," I say and walk toward Aaron. I stood before him with a smile on my face. "Sooo where do you want to start?"