The Truth

While exploring the Backlands Kion found a female lioness that was hungry and looking for food so he brought her a zebra and she ate it and when she finished she thanked Kion for his help. "So what are you doing here young one?" Asked the lioness. "I am exploring the Backlands seeing if I can find my three fighting and hunting teachers for my fighting lessons." Replied Kion. "Who are you looking for?" Asked the lioness. "Three leopards named Makucha, Chuluun, and Mapigano." Answered Kion. "Hmm, I don't know any leopards by those names, speaking of which my name is Mlezi." Said Mlezi. "Hi Mlezi my name is Kion." Replied Kion. "Wait did you just say Kion?" Asked Mlezi with hope in her eyes as well as a shocked expression. "Um, yeah my name is Kion I am the son of Zira and Scar." Answered Kion wondering how this lioness knows him. "Zira, oh my gosh Kion it is you." Stated Mlezi. Mlezi then runs and nuzzles Kion even though he is so confused. "Do I know you?" Asks Kion. "No I left right after your birth but a mother never forgets." States Mlezi. "What, but my mother is Zira." Replies Kion who is now confused. "No Kion please listen to me, when I gave birth to you I had to leave to go and get healing from the Tree of Life but the healing that I needed takes a long time and I wasn't going to be able to look after you so I asked Zira to raise you as her son because she is my sister and I told her not to mention me because I had a feeling if you knew you would try to find me and I didn't want you to see me in that condition but I am your true mother." States Mlezi. "I don't know what to say, I am too confused right now." States Kion. "I understand, this is a lot to take in but I hope you won't hate me for leaving you here while I went to get healed." Said Mlezi. "I don't hate you but I am very confused and I think I need to talk with Zira and you about this because this is a lot to take in." States Kion. "Okay well let's head to Pride Rock and go talk to her then." Replies Mlezi. So Kion and Mlezi went to Pride Rock and found Zira. "Hey Zira I need to talk to you." Said Kion. "What is it son." Asked Zira. "I met my mother." Said Kion. "Oh, so you met Mlezi?" Asked Zira. "Yeah and we came here so I could talk to you to find out if it is true is she really my mother and your sister?" Asked Kion. "Yes Kion, she is your true mother and my older sister." States Zira. "I don't believe this." Said Kion. "Kion please try to understand why we did this." States Mlezi. "No I need to be alone right now." Replies Kion. And with that Kion ran away from Pride Rock leaving both his mothers there alone with each other. Kion kept running until he fell into a river and fell over Hakuna Matata Falls and decided to stay there so he could think about things. While he was thinking he didn't notice that Kiara was sneaking up on him to talk about why he hasn't come back to Pride Rock yet. Kion can we talk? Oh, hey Kiara what are you doing here? I am looking for you, why are you not home yet? Because I needed time to think. About what? I just found out that Zira wasn't actually my mother. What do you mean. Her sister Mlezi is my mother but she left after I was born to go to a Tree of Life for healing and left me with Zira. Because she cared about you. Yes I know but she also told Zira to not tell me a thing about her being my mother because she thought I would leave to search for her but she left me for my whole life then suddenly shows up out of nowhere and I am supposed to not freak out over that, I just don't know what to think anymore Kiara. Hey I understand that this is confusing to you but if you think about it everything she did was to protect you. What do you mean? Well think about it, she couldn't take care of you on the trip to the Tree of Life so she left you with her sister, someone she trusted more than anyone, she didn't want you to know about her so you wouldn't go off and try to find her and end up killing yourself, and after her healing was finished she came back even if it took a long time for her to do that. Thanks Kiara that really helped a lot. No problem we have to be there for each other since we will be King and Queen of the Pride Lands someday. I guess we should head back to Pride Rock. Yeah your parents are worried sick about you and they sent me here to look while others looked for you elsewhere. I see well I think I owe them an apology for my behavior. Maybe but let's just get back before they think you're in the Outlands or the Backlands.