Monster Life Pt. 2

The room itself was a bit more like a hang out spot than a work place. There were desks, sure, but nothing that said "this is place of work". Immediately, you can tell that this was where ideas were born.

Riri: Hey, uh, what are you doing here?

You snapped out of your thoughts and looked at the rounded couch where Riri was sitting next to Gwen, Kitty, and Miles. All of them were looking at sketches of ideas they had drawn up and soon enough, all eyes were on you.

Y/N: You dropped this.

You lifted up the keycard and Riri suddenly seemed embarrassed.

Riri: So that's when I lost it.

You handed it to her and looked around some more.

Y/N: What is this place? You said it was the Program?

Gwen: We're a bunch of people picked by Stark to, and I quote, "change the future". Pretty much, some of us draw up ideas, some of us make then, the rest of us make them look cool.

Kitty: We're kinda like designers.

Oh. That was different. That was, nice? Looking around the room, everyone seemed so laid back and calmed. More so than you had ever seen them. Guess not being under the constant threat of danger does that to you. You saw Sam across the room. He was unharmed and had his headphones in. He was so happy. Everyone was so happy.

Y/N: I guess I should be going then.

Kitty: Already? You can hang out if you want.

Kamala: Yeah. Maybe you have some ideas that you can loan us. We've been kinda struggling.

Riri: Don't tell him that!

Y/N: It's fine. I have stuff I need to do. Ah, none of you would happen to know about a weird power surge or...

Just as you said that, the lights flickered. You looked around the room for a moment.

Miles: Again? I thought you fixed that Sam.

Sam: I did. This has to be the reactior.

That must be where the tear is. At least you had a starting point. The door suddenly opened and Arthur ducked in before closing it again. He leaned against the door and looked at everyone.

Arthur: Hey.

Y/N: What's going on?

Arthur: Found the tear. Also security.

Well, shit. You heard a bunch of footsteps pass by the room before you moved over to the door to peak out.

Y/N: Hm. Looks like we'll have to find a way to the reactor.

Arthur: How did you know it was in the reactor? I had to break into the security office.

You pointed to everyone else in the room who looked absolutely confused.

Arthur: Uh....right. Are they gonna be a problem?

Y/N: No. And stop talking like we're terrorists.

Gwen: What is going on here?

You and Arthur turned back to the 6 people in the room. You then looked to your grandson.

Y/N: This is going to sound really crazy so take it with a grain of salt, but we're from an alternate universe looking for a tear in space and time to move onto the next one so I can get power from a lord of chaos in order to battle off a race of Celestial beings that will destory the entire universe if I fail to defeat a Mad Titan who wants to get rid if half of all life in the universe.