The Hero's Journey

Sam: Space. The final frontier. Oh where....

Robbie: I will hurt you if you go on another rant about space.

Sam shut up as he picked up his bag and entered the ship. It was finally the day to go to retrieve the Stones from Xander and Vormir. Just as planned, the Stirkers were going to head out along with Sam, Danny, and now Moony while the others headed to Symkaria with Viv and Nadia heading to Wakanda so the Knights could keep her safe.

You had decided to leave Elise with Victor for the time being since you had sent the Hearlds to go find Galactus for the upcoming battle. The Guardians were still recovering but did decide that they would meet you once you made it to Xander. That brought us to now. You were loading up the ship for your trip while the others helped.

Y/N: Once we leave, you guys should head to Symkaria. The Knights will take care of Viv and Nadia.

Riri: Alright. You don't need to worry about us. We'll be safe enough with the Four, the former Avengers, and Strange guarding the Time Stone in New York. Plus, the Program will be there to.

Y/N: I hope they don't see any action. I know they're capable kids but, this is a bit above their training.

You set down the last box of equipment before you returned to the hanger. Kitty and Laura had decided to join Viv and Nadia in Wakanda once they finished up some X-Men business so you were more at ease with leaving them behind.

You stood there as you looked at all of your teammates with a smile.

Y/N: Well, this is it. We're heading out to get the last two Stones.

Eli: You're not, gonna give us a speech, are you?

Y/N: Hell no. Speeches are for situations where you might die and we don't need that kind of negativity.

Cindy: You'll be fine. We all will be. This is just another mission.

Riri: Exactly. We'll be together. That's what matters.

You nodded and turned to Viv and Nadia. You smiled as you kissed Nadia on the head.

Y/N: Take care of Viv and yourself.

Nadia: I will. Stay safe.

Y/N: I will. Love you.

You then turned to Viv who looked a bit down.

Y/N: Chin up. You're not out of the fight.

Viv: But I won't be with you.

You looked at her for a moment before grabbing her hand and lifting it up.

Y/N: See this ring?

Viv looked at you before nodding.

Y/N: I'm always with you. As long as you wear this, I'm here.

You kissed her head and smiled.

Y/N: And I'll be back before you know you. We all will.

Viv just gave a half hearted smile which was good enough for you. You turned back to the ship as everyone said their goodbyes. You opened the crate of gear that Moony had brought alo g for you and smiled. It had been a while since you had a new uniform.

It was a F/C coat with a black cape that hung over the shoulder. You blade had a halt on the belt of the black pants which were tailored to withstand your flames and ice. You also had a pair of black gauntlets that were also made to eithstand your power and allowed your to use your claws. Finally, you had your new mask which was a silver mouthpiece that was designed to look like a row of sharp teeth.