The Monster's Plan

You tapped your fingers on the arm of your chair as the other Avengers took their time to talk about the news you had just given them. Some where concerned, some were confused, some didn't know what to feel.

Sam: It's finally happening.

Kamala: This is Thanos' conquest. I've written about it before but, this is the real deal.

Y/N: And we'll most likely have to fight off his forces if they come to Earth. And they will. Three of the six Stones are here.

Riri: So it's only a matter if time.

You nodded.

Quentin: S-So what do w-we do?

You just shrugged.

Y/N: I have no idea. We have a few options but all of them put us into direct conflict with Thanos in one way or another.

You could go look for the other three Stones, but Thanos would still come. You could wait it out, but he would have three Stones by the time he came to Earth. Of course, you could just go and attack him head on without the Stones, but you had no idea where he was.

Robbie: Well, I'm not totally against going to space to fight him.

Soel: I've never been. I would like to.

Sam: It won't be some vacation. This Thanos guy is the real deal. He'll make Galactus look like a street thug if he gets his hands on the Stones.

Doreen: So, we need to stop him before. Do we even know what he'll do with them?

Y/N: He'll get rid of half of all life in the universe. By doing so, the Celestials will awaken and they will destroy the entire universe in order to restart it.

Everyone was silent.

Danny: That's hard-core.

Y/N: If anyone has any suggestions, now would be a great time to say something.

Molly: I have one. First, you should shave.

Y/N: Debatable.

Molly: Second, we should take the fight to Thanos. We have the fire power. The White Queen is our ally and we have the Realms and Gladiators. We can release a full scale assault.

Cindy: And deliver a Stone right to him?

Everyone looked over to Viv.

Viv: We do not know how powerful his forces are. I advise we avoid an assualt.

Robbie: I'm with her. Thanos might be like Galactus with his Hearlds.

Quentin: T-Then we can g-go look for t-the Stones.

Kamala: That way we have them. If Thanos doesn't have the Stones then he won't have the power. Y/N can beat him easily then.

Riri: But we don't know where they are.

Tandy: Which is why we go look for them. When the Guardians wake up, we'll be able to see if they know.

Riri: Did you ever ask?

Everyone looked at you and Nadia.

Nadia: It never came up.

Y/N: I never really saw them as, how do I say this, the brightest people. Gamora, maybe.

Sam: I can go to Xander and see if they know anything.

Gwendolyn: Wouldn't it be better if no one went to space alone? Thanos is up there somewhere.

Miles: Since when are you logical?

Gwendolyn: I have no idea. Oh! We can do the buddy system!

Y/N: The buddy system?

Gwendolyn hopped off the table and pulled out a chalkboard.

Gwendolyn: The Buddy System! Sam can go to Xander with a team of us. That way, if Thanos or his lackeys attack, we can fight them off!

She even drew a diagram complete with stick figures and poorly drawn planets.

Robbie: I mean, it could work. Sam has his Black Nova Form which is a step above my Spirit of Vengeance and Danny's Nirvana Form.

Y/N: I guess. A team of four should be enough.

Riri: I'll approve of it. Who's going?

Gwendolyn: Dibs!

Robbie: I should go. An extra Ultra Form Fighter could be useful.

Tandy: I'll go to. You think you can send us there with the Bifrost?

Y/N: Yeah. I can do that. The rest if us will stay here and wait for the Guardians to wake up. I'll send some teams out to check on the other two Stones.

Katie: I can go to Symkaria.

Luna: So can I.

Shang-Chi: Obviously I'm going.

Quentin: I can g-go as w-well.

Molly: Count me in.

You nodded.

Riri: Any volunteers to check in on the good doc?

Danny: I am a master of the mystic arts. I'm in.

Nadia: I'll go.

Miles: Sure.

Gwen: Why not?

Cat: I'm throwing my hat in the wringer.

Riri: And I'll lead. The rest of you will wait for the Guardians.

That meant it was you, Viv, Doreen, Kamala, Eli, and Tyrone.

Y/N: Ok. We have a plan then.

You stood up and typed in the teams on the system before they appeared on the screen.

Y/N: Everyone has their roles. Play them well.

Everyone nodded before you looked down at your hand. You flexed it a bit as it began to feel a bit numb.

Nadia: You ok?

You snapped out of your thoughts and smiled.

Y/N: Yeah. I'll let Surfer know that we'll be back late so he can watch Elise.

Nadia smiled before she kissed your cheek.

Nadia: Ok. Stay safe.

Y/N: You to.

Nadia left with Team Stange while Team Xander headed toward the field. Team Symkaria was going to take one of the Quinjets while Team Guardians were going to head over to the Baxer Building.

Y/N: Everyone.

Everyone stopped and turned to look at you.

Y/N: Be careful out there. Thanos isn't like anything we've faced before and we don't know if he knows about the Stones on Earth. Keep your eyes open.

Everyone nodded and went their own way as you joined your own team. The only think you could think about was the imposing threat. Thanos was coming. It was only a matter of time. You just didn't know if you were ready.

Viv: Your heart rate has increased.

You snapped out of your thoughts and turned to your wife. You stopped when your eyes landed on the yellow Stone embedded in her head. The Mind Stone.

Y/N: I'm fine.

You looked at her for a moment before you pulled her closer so that you could hold her.

Y/N: I won't let anyone hurt you.

Viv smiled as she leaned into your chest.

Viv: I know.

You kissed her head and sighed. No more playing around.