Team Guardians

You looked up at the tall building with a sigh. Any other time, you would love to visit the Baxter Building and the Fantastic Four. They had kinda became a weird family friend situation. You even trusted them enough to have Sue and Ben act as the mentors to the new Program.

Eli: Every time I see this place, I can't help but feel a bit hopeful.

Y/N: Yeah. Shame we have to be here under these circumstances though.

Doreen: It'll still be good to see everyone again. I wonder how the others are doing.

You just shrugged.

Y/N: Probably bored. I doubt anything exciting is going on.

You all entered the building and simply nodded at the receptionist. You all entered the elevator and waited. Music played as you all stood around awkwardly.

Viv: I like this song.

Eli: Cool.

Silence.

Kamala: So, how are things?

Y/N: Pretty good.

Kamala: Good. Good.

Tyrone: Yeah.

The awkward silence continued. You looked up at the blinking numbers and saw that you were only on the 5th floor. Only 20 more to go. Eli cleared his throat while Doreen reached behind you and pinched your butt which made you jump a bit. You shot her a look to which she just responded by winking. The doors finally opened and you all sighed a breath of relief.

Kamala: We made it.

You all stepped out and headed over to the medical wing where Reed had moved the Guardians to. As you entered, you found him standing over Peter in his lab coat while writing on a clipboard. He noticed you and smiled.

Reed: Hello. Glad you made it.

Y/N: Us to. What's the news?

Reed looked down at the sleeping space man before sighing.

Reed: Nothing new to report, I'm afraid. You were lucky that you found them when you did. Any longer and they might have been much worse.

Doreen: So, are they ok now?

Reed: For the most part. They just need rest.

That was a relief. You were just glad they were ok for the time being. Looks like you were playing the waiting game.

Eli: So, we just have to wait?

Reed: I'm afraid so.

Tyrone: Then maybe we should head back to HQ. We can report back to the others when they return.

Kamala: Might as well. Nothing we can really do here.

You just sighed as you turned over to the window. This was a great view of New York. Kinda like a painting. Why were your senses going off?

Viv: Missile approaching.

Oh. Oh! OH!

Y/N: Everyone get down!

The missile hit the side of the building which caused the entire structure to shake. The blast was a few floors below but you could already smell the smoke.

Eli: An attack?

Reed: Why didn't the alarms go off?

You stood back up and rushed over to the window. Your eyes widened when you saw a horrific sight.

Y/N: Guys. It's Doom.

Everyone looked out the windoe to see an army of Doombots flying straight toward the building.