The Fallen

You sat at the table in the dark bar with your head down and a drink in your hand. No one talked as the sounds from outside filled the empty bar. The Stone was in your pocket while Molly was sitting there with her mask off. Felicia silently drank her drink while Tyrone stared at the next table over which didn't have anyone there.

Tyrone: They should be here soon.

Y/N: Hmm.

You slowly lifted your glass up and took a sip. Unlike the others, you couldn't drink this away. Moony's face was burn in your memory. A battle worn face of an aged man. Suddenly, the door opened and a new set of footsteps entered. It was Alexander. Cosmo's right hand man.

Alexander: <The Guardians are here.>

You nodded as you slammed the rest of your drink. You all stood up and headed outside where you saw the ship landing. You just stood there for a moment as the ship turned off and the doors opened. You watched as everyone stepped off one by one, except for one.

Molly: Where's Sam?

Seeing them silently look down told you everything you needed to know. Doreen stepped forward and slowly handed his helmet over to Molly, who took it with shaky hands. She didn't break.

Molly: Show me.

Danny: Mo...

Molly: Show, me.

The group looked at each other before Robbie lead her into the ship. You slowly followed. On the table was a body covered with a white sheet. There was a large red spot near the torso which told you what happened.

Y/N: How?

Robbie: Thanos was on Xander. They took the Stone.

Molly slowly reached out towards the body of her lover before she began to shake. She retracted her hand and covered her mouth as she finally cried. You held her as she sobbed. Your eyes never left the blood stain on the sheet.

Robbie: He, he shouldn't be, God damnit.

Molly finay stopped crying and sighed before she rushed off the ship and headed back into the bar where the others were. Robbie shook his head and followed. You turned back to Sam's body before you placed a hand on the spot where his head would be.

Y/N: I'm sorry. Really. I, I shouldn't have asked you to come here. I, fuck. You didn't deserve this. You were always one if the strongest people on the team. The funniest. You were always trying to make us laugh even during the dark times. You were my brother. Rest easy. Things will be ok.

You pulled your hand away before you took a deep breath. You turned and stepped off the ship before heading back into the bar. Everyone was sitting there in silence as Molly cried into Cat's shoulder. You stood there for a moment before Robbie looked at you.

Robbie: How many more?

You looked at him with a stoic face as everyone looked at him.

Y/N: What do you mean?

Robbie: How many more people are going to die?

Tyrone: Rob...

Robbie: Sam is dead. Moony is dead. How many more people are going to die before its over, Y/N?

Y/N: I don't know.

Robbie: Of course you don't. You're just the guy who's supposed to fight Thanos and save the day while the rest of us are left to die.

Tandy: Robbie!

Y/N: The fuck do you want from me? I didn't ask for this...

Robbie: Neither did Sam! Now look at what happened. For what? A fucking space rock! Do we even know what it does?! Maybe we'll never know because Thanos has it!

Y/N: How the hell is that my fault?!

Robbie shot up from his chair.

Robbie: You weren't there! You have one job and you weren't there to do it!

Y/N: What were you doing?! Huh?! You were there! Why didn't you save Sam?!

Robbie: I at least tried!

Y/N: So did I! I fucking tried! And you're right. This is all my fucking fault! I was born! I was picked to be the Godslayer! I was supposed to stop all of this! I didn't! I, fucking didn't. I, fuck.

You ran a hand through your hair to calm down before things escalated.

Y/N: You think I wanted Sam to die? Moony? I didn't. I want them here with us and I want everyone to come out of this alive. Death is a constantly revolving door for us. Sam knew that. Moony knew that. We all know that. I know that. You know that.

You pinched the bridge of your nose as you sighed.

Y/N: They were my family. And I failed. I'm sorry.

Silence once again filled the room. No one knew what to say. What could they say?

Molly: I'm pregnant.

Everyone turned to her as she stared at her glass.

Molly: That's what I was going to tell Sam when he got back. Richard if it was a boy. Gertrude for a girl. I was going to have him go cradle shopping with me.

Robbie looked at her with tears in his eyes. You looked down at your feet before Robbie walked around the table. You just stood there, almost hopping that he would punch you. Instead, he grabbed your shoulders.

Robbie: Look at me, and promise me that in the end, this will be worth it.

You looked up and looked at him in the eyes.

Robbie: Promise me that they didn't die in vein. Tell me that this will work.

His grip tightened as his voice began to sound more desperate.

Robbie: Tell me the truth.

You slowly lifted your arms and placed them on his shoulders as the two of you looked at each other.

Y/N: I don't know. But my mom belived in it. The old man believed in it. Moony did to. That's good enough for me. I believe in it.

Robbie slowly moved his hands to your cheeks as you both rested your heads against each other.

Robbie: That's good enough for me.

The two of you stayed that way for a moment before letting go. You walked over to the table and lifted up your glass. Robbie returned to his seat and grabbed his own.

Y/N: I don't know what's waiting for us. From here on out, we're at war with Thanos and his forces. In the end, all we can do is fight. Fight for those who aren't here with us now. Sam and Moony gave up their lives so that we can do so. I, loved them. They were my family. Sam was one of the first people I met when I joined the Program. He was always cracking a joke or coming up with a plan to see someone's boobs. As he grew up, he matured and slowly, he became one of my most trusted allies. My brother. When though I wanted to kick his ass when I found out he was dating my sister, I knew that he would take care of her. Moony was the one who protected me when I was a baby. He taught me so much in so little time and he was my uncle. All of his personalities helped me. They always made things lighter and put me at ease.

You then raised your glass as the other watched.

Y/N: Their deaths won't be in vein. We'll make sure of that. Until then, we drink. For everyone who isn't here now. May their souls rest in peace and move on. Godspeed.

Everyone lifted their drinks as well.

All: Godspeed.

The time for games was over. Now, was the time for war.