EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

Hurts so Good

Selim Warrior

Deus.

"Hi, I'm Savi and you are?"

Bahagya akong natulala nang makita ang isang magandang batang babae nang aksidente kong buksan ang pintuan ng kuwarto. Mas matangkad ito sa akin ng kaunti pero hindi matanggal sa maaliwalas niyang mukha ang paningin ko.

"I'm looking for Luxury." Sagot ko lamang sa kaniya.

"He's my twin. I guess you barged in a wrong room, kid." She said with a smile.

"Is that so? Can you bring me to him? I'll just return this toy to him." I said. Pinakita ko pa sa kaniya ang laruang sasakyan na hiniram ko kay Lux noong isang araw.

The girl with a wavy long hair suddenly giggled.

"I don't know that my twin has a cute friend. Let's go." Kinuha niya ang kamay ko at nanatiling nakatingin ako roon. Her hands are so smooth and soft.

Maya-maya pa ay huminto kami sa isang kuwarto.

"This is Lux room. Huwag ka ng maliligaw sa kwarto ko sa susunod okay?" She reminded me of my Mom with that kind of smile. It's genuine and kind.

That's how I met Savi when we're still kids.

When we got into high school everything changed. Savi became a model. She became a complete different person. She acts so stupid sometimes and she flaunt her skin too much that most of the men in our school likes her. But for me, she just wants everyone attention.

She always look for me inside the campus. Join me in my lunch break and vacants. Luxury is my best friend and I also told him about how I feel awkward towards Savi but he just said that I just ignore her. The problem is, the more I ignored her, the more she become persistent.

Not until a girl named Leana came in my life. She's like the old Savi I've met before. She has a kind aura and a bright smile. She once meet me to say that she like me secretly and want to go out with me.

That made Leana my first girlfriend. I admit that the first time I said yes to her is to use her so I can push away Savi but Leana is too pure that time and I fell for her.

I fell in love with a woman for the first time and that girl is Leana.

Savi was furious that time and she begun to bully Leana that made me angry. In my eyes, she's just a brat who loves attention and since she can't get mine, she thinks of it as a challenge, She said that she like me but I don't feel anything for her so I just keep pushing her away.

Then when she turned 18, I stood her up as her date on that special night.

I thought she will already hate me if I did that and she will surely stop pursuing me but I was wrong. Lux stopped being my friend because he's angry but not Savi.

I really wondering what kind of Love she has to endure all the hurtful words I said to her in the past. Am I really worth all the pain?

My eyes were glued to a woman wearing a white gown as she entered the church. Suddenly my whole world stops looking at her. Behind the veil is her smile that made me remember the first time I've met her.

It's still genuine and kind. It wasn't her that changed. It's me. I changed that girl because she wants my attention and I regret not noticing it before.

"Deus." Tawag niya sa pangalan ko nang makalapit sa akin.

"You are so beautiful."

Lumitaw ang mapuputing ngipin niya sa pag-ngiti dahil sa simpleng pagpuri ko sa kaniya. Alam kong maraming tao na ang nagsabi niyon sa kaniya pero ang makita siyang masaya sa tuwing ako ang nagsasabi ay naghahatid ng kakaibang saya sa puso ko.

Sinimulan na ang seremonyas ng kasal at hanggang sa matapos ito ay nakangiti lamang kaming dalawa.

"Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Vergara!"

Masiyadong malaki ang venue ng reception at matagal rin ang idinaos na programa para sa napakaraming bisita. Mga dating katrabaho ni Savi at ang mga kaklase namin mula noong high school at college.

"First of all, gusto ko lang batiin iyong mag-asawa ng congratulations. Lalo na sa kaibigan kong si Savi. Alam kong ilang taon niya hinintay ang araw na ito. Maraming sumubok sa tiwala at tatag ng nararamdaman mo kay Deus pero heto at kayo pa rin pala ang para sa isa't isa sa dulo." Nakita ko ang bagyang pagpunas ng luha ni Savi sa mga mata niya kaya pinisil ko ang kamay niyang hawak-hawak ko.

"Nagka-Lev at Tori muna kayo bago nauwi sa ganito. Sobrang deserve mo ang araw na ito Savi at kay Deus naman, alagaan mo iyong kaibigan ko. Maraming nagmamahal diyan."

Natawa na si Savi pati ang ilang bisita. Napailing na lamang ako.

"Again, stay strong sa inyo and more babies to come. Maganda lahi niyo parehas kaya magparami lang kayo." Aniya at bumaba na sa stage at lumapit sa amin ni Savi at nakipag-beso ito.

"Triplets na sa susunod." Biro niya pa sa amin at kinurot lamang siya nang pabiro ni Savi na ngayo'y namumula ang pisngi sa sobrang hiya.

Sumunod naman si Lux na inasar pa ako na ang tagal ko daw magpabebe kaya nadelay ang dream wedding ng kasal ng kapatid niya. Hindi ko naman maitatanggi na masaya akong kahit papaano ay naibabalik na namin ni Lux ang dating pagkakaibigan naming dalawa.

"Daddy!" "Mommy!"

Sabay na naglakad papunta sa amin ang kambal na hinalikan naman agad kami ni Savi sa pisngi.

"Mommy, sa bahay na ba ni Daddy tayo titira after nitong party?" Excited na tanong ni Tori.

Nginitian naman siya ni Savi. "Yes!" Sigaw naman ni Tori at inilingan lang siya ni Lev na nakangiti lamang at masaya para sa amin.

"You should stop being serious all the time, son." Ani ko kay Lev.

"I'm fine this way, Dad. Congratulations for marrying Mom at the age of thirty."

Mahina akong natawa at ginulo ang buhok niya.

"Age doesn't matter in finding your love."

"You mean, age doesn't matter in getting married?" Sabat bigla ni Savi.

"Happy ending doesn't involve age of the person who looks for it. It is in God's perfect time."

"Then I'm glad, I've waited."

"You're still thirty."

"Thirty is still young."

"Of course you are, Savi." Masuyong sabi ko at tumikhim naman ang kambal.

"I know you'll be out of the country from tomorrow, Mom and Dad so enjoy."

Umalis na ang dalawa at parehas na pumunta sa magulang ni Savi na kasama rin ang magulang ko. Nagtama pa ang paningin namin ni Dad at alam kong sa paraan ng tingin nito ay pinaparating niya sa akin na masaya rin siyang makita na magsettle down na ako.

"Savi, what did you see in me?" Bigla kong tanong sa kaniya.

"I don't know."

"I love the way you don't give up for the person you love. You are kind towards the twin and you can give your all for the sake of love while I only bring you pain before."

Umiling siya sa akin. "Maybe that pain is something that made me fall for you. The pain that destroyed me but also bring out the better me. I learned to love myself first because of you and I'm thankful for that Deus."

"You are like a flower bloomed in the dark. I really feel bad about it."

"But you made me experienced it."

"What?"

"That love hurts so good and not all pain remain in our hearts forever, some taught us lessons to become the person who we are today."

She sincerely smiled at me so we I found myself kissing her not minding the people around us as they start clapping.

Finally, I'm home in this woman's arms.

End.