The Four Rotten Children

Boy was Grandpa George right when he said the first kid to find a golden ticket would be fat

Boy was Grandpa George right when he said the first kid to find a golden ticket would be fat. The first kid was named Augustus Gloop from Dusseldorf, Germany. The kid had chocolate smeared all over his face, and judging by his size, Rose could tell he ate a lot of it.

"I am eating the Wonka bar and I taste something, that is not chocolate, or coconut, or walnut, or peanut butter, or nougat, or butter brittle, or caramel, or sprinkles. So I look and I find the golden ticket." Augustus explained to the reporters.

"Augustus, how did you celebrate? " A reporter asked him.

"I eat more candy." Augustus answered, and immediately pulled out a Wonka bar.

"We knew Augustus would find the golden ticket." Mrs Gloop began talking. "He eats so many candy bars a day that it was not possible for him to not find one."

******

The next ticket was found in Buckinghamshire, England by a spoiled brat named Veruca Salt. Ugh, how Rose hated spoiled children. Rose and Charlie were always appreciative of what little they had, and never demanded a thing. Unlike this spoiled brat.

"Veruca, " A reported said the girl's name. "Can you spell that for us, please? "

"V-E-R-U-C-A. Veruca Salt." Veruca said, flashing a smile.

"Soon as my little Veruca told me she had to have one of these golden tickets, I started buying up all the Wonka bars I could lay my hands on." Mr. Salt shared. "Thousands of them. Hundreds of thousands. I'm in the nut business, you see. So, I say to my workers, "Morning, ladies. From now on you can stop shelling peanuts and start shelling the wrappers off these chocolate bars instead. Three days went by and we had no luck. Oh, it was terrible. My little Veruca got more and more upset each day. Well, gentlemen, I just hated to see my little girl feeling unhappy like that. I vowed I would keep up the search until I could give her what she wanted. And finally, I found her a ticket."

Rose sighed, shaking her head as she turned off the tv. She didn't know who was worse. The fat lump, or the spoiled brat. "Thank goodness you're not like either of those children, Charlie" Rose said to her brother, bringing him into a hug. "You're polite and kind to everyone you meet, and you're always thinking of others before you think of yourself"

"I don't think that was really fair" Charlie said. "She didn't find the ticket herself"

"Don't worry about it, Charlie" Grandpa Joe assured Charlie. "That man spoils his daughter. And no good ever comes from spoiling a child like that"

Mrs Bucket and Mr Bucket came bursting through the door, both of them wearing excited smiles. "Charlie," Mr Bucket began, draping an arm over Mrs Bucket's shoulder. "your mum and I thought maybe you wanna open your birthday present tonight"

Charlie gave a wide smile. Mr and Mrs Bucket walked over to the bed. Mrs Bucket handed Charlie his present. Everyone leaned in and watched with anticipation as Charlie opened his present, which was a Wonka Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight. Charlie stared at the bar and said, "Maybe I should wait until morning"

"Like hell" Grandpa George muttered.

Mr Bucket gave him a look. "Pop"

"All together we're three hundred and eighty one years old" Grandpa Joe said. "We don't wait"

"Now Charlie, you mustn't feel too disappointed" Rose told him. "If you don't get the ticket, you'll at least still have the chocolate" Charlie then began to carefully and slowly unwrap the chocolate bar. But alas, there was no gold. Only the dark brown of the chocolate.

"Oh, well" Grandpa Joe shrugged. "That's that"

"We'll share it" Charlie said

"Oh no, Charlie" Grandpa Joe shook his head. "Not your birthday present"

"It's my candy bar. I'll do what I want with it" Charlie began to break off pieces of the Wonka bar, and he handed a piece to everyone. There was just enough pieces for everyone. Rose stared down at the piece in her hand. She didn't eat it right away. Instead, she brought the piece of chocolate up to her nose and smelt it.

She closed her eyes in bliss. The chocolate had a wonderful smell to it. She took a small bite out of it, moaning in delight at the taste. She couldn't wait until tomorrow, when she could give Charlie the bar Mrs Mason had given her. And she had enough money in her pocket. She would buy another bar for him. That would give Charlie two more tries for that ticket.

******

The third ticket had been found in Atlanta, Georgia by the arrogant Violet Beauregarde. And if her arrogance and pride wasn't bad enough, she was an obnoxious gum smacker.

Rose hated gum.

Violet and her mother were wearing matching tracksuits as they stood in the living room, in the middle of their shelves of trophies. "These are just some of the two hundred and sixty three trophies and medals that my Violet has won." Mrs Beauregarde bragged about her daughter.

"I'm a gum chewer, mostly, but when I heard about these ticket things, I laid off the gum. Switched to candy bars." Violet said through her gum smacking.

"She's just a driven young woman. I don't know where she gets it."

"I'm the junior world champion gum chewer. This piece of gum, I'm chewing right at this moment, I've been working on for three months solid. That's a record."

"Of course, I did have my share of trophies" Mrs Beauregarde motioned towards the batons on the wall behind her. "Mostly baton."

"So, it says that one kids gonna get this special prize, better than all the rest. I don't care who those other four are. That kid, it's gonna be me."

"Tell them why, Violet."

"Because I'm a winner! "

"What a beastly girl" Grandma Josephine spat.

"Despicable" Grandma Georgina added.

"You don't even know what we're talking about!" Grandpa George said to her.

"Dragonflies?"

Rose scrunched her face in disgust. "I tell you, all that gum chewing is going to get her in trouble one day. A disgusting habit"

******

The fourth ticket was found in Denver, Colorado by the know-it-all, Mike Teavee. Okay, Rose liked kids who were smart, but not when they thought that they were smarter than everyone else like Mike did. He had his eyes glued to the tv as he played a video game.

"All you had to do, is track the manufacturing dates, offset by weather and the derivative of the Nikkei index. A retard could figure it out." Mike stated, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Most of the time, I don't know what he's talking about." Mr Teavee said. "Kids these days with all the technology."

"Die! Die! Die! " Mike screamed at the game.

"Doesn't seem like they stay kids very long."

"In the end, I only had to buy one candy bar."

"And how did it taste? "a reporter asked.

"I don't know. I hate chocolate."

That sent Rose flying over the edge. What kind of kid hates chocolate!?

"Well, it's a good thing you're going to a chocolate factory, you ungrateful little..." Rose was quick to cover Charlie's ears. Though, she agreed with Grandpa George. Why even go to a chocolate factory if you hate chocolate?

Now, there was only one ticket out there left. And Rose hoped with every bone, muscle, and nerve in her body, that Charlie would be the one to find it.