Wedding Planning: The Dress

Rose and Willy began planning their wedding just days after they got engaged

Rose and Willy began planning their wedding just days after they got engaged. Willy let Rose handle most of the planning, but he was happy to provide some input when she asked for it.

"Cocoa bean, we need to think about who we're inviting" Rose said to Willy.

"Well, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out" Willy said. "We have a small circle of friends and I want them all to come"

"That's true" Rose said, scribbling a note down in her notebook. "Do you...?" She trailed off, afraid to bring up what she was thinking with Willy.

"Do I what, starshine?" Willy asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Do you want to invite your father?" Rose asked him. She could see Willy tense up. Yes, they had reconciled, but he still got nervous whenever his father was brought up.

"I-I don't know" Willy answered. He fiddled his hands against the table. "Do you think he'd want to come?"

Rose reached over and placed her hands on top of his. "Of course he'll want to come, Willy. I saw all those newspapers on the wall. He's proud of you, and he'll be even prouder that you're getting married. I think he'd like to be here to witness that"

Willy smiled. "Yeah, you're right, starshine! Let's invite my father!"

"Great!" Rose added Dr Wonka's name to the guest list. "That's it for the the guest list" She looked up at Willy. "Where do you want to have the wedding?"

"The meadow, silly!" Willy giggled as he reached over to boop her on the nose. "Where else would we have it? A boring old church?"

Rose grinned and giggled. "I was only kidding, cocoa bean! Of course I want the wedding to happen in the meadow"

Willy propped his elbow onto the table and rested his chin in his hand. He stared and smiled at Rose as she went on about the kinds of things she wanted for the wedding. He loved how excited she was getting.

"And I'm gonna have to talk to Charlie. You two are gonna become brothers, and it'll be weird if he keeps calling you Mr Wonka" Rose said. Even though Willy was staring at her, she knew that he wasn't really paying attention. She could tell by the way he was staring at her with that dreamy look. "You're staring at me again"

"I can't help it, starshine" Willy he said dreamily. "You're just so gosh darn beautiful!" No matter how many times she heard Willy call her beautiful, she still always managed to blush.

"Willy, you're making me blush..." Rose said shyly.

"And you look so pretty when you do" He couldn't help but tell her. At this point, Willy was just trying to get some attention out of Rose. She had been working on that list all morning. She didn't even give him his morning kiss yet. "Starshine?" He drew out the word as he scooted his chair closer to hers.