Charlie's Prize

"There's still so much left to see!" Willy said

"There's still so much left to see!" Willy said. He turned around, taking his goggles off, and faced Charlie and Rose.

"Willy," Rose said, taking off her goggles as well. "Charlie's the only one left now"

Willy's eyes widened and he looked at Charlie. "You mean you're the only one?"

A smile played on Charlie's lips as he nodded. "Yes"

"What happened to the others?" Willy asked playfully, causing Rose to grin. The same grin grew on Willy's face. "Oh, my dear boy! That means you've won!" Willy took Charlie's hand and started shaking it. "I do congratulate you. I really do. I had a hunch, you know, right from the beginning. Well done. Now, we mustn't dilly or dally. Because we have an enormous number of things to do before the day is out!" He grabbed Charlie's wrist and broke the handshake. He then let go of his wrist and walked for the elevator. "But luckily for us, we have the Great Glass Elevator to speed thing al—" Willy ended up walking right into the elevator. Rose gasped as he fell to the floor. Willy stood back up soon after. "Speed things along" He finished. He pressed the button and the elevator opened. "Come on" He urged the Buckets. They got into the elevator with him, dumping their goggles into a bin.

Willy pressed a button, and Charlie became curious about it. "Up and out? What kind of room is that?"

"Hold on" Was all Willy told the boy. Charlie smiled at that, and he looked straight up. The elevator shot up. It was gaining more speed the higher up it went. "Oh, my goodness" Willy said, looking upwards. "We're gonna need to much faster, otherwise we'll just never break through!"

"Break through what?" Charlie asked. Rose had an idea of what Willy meant though, and she internally panicked.

"I've been longing to press that button for years!" Willy stated, staring at the two siblings with an excited grin. "Well, here we go! Up and out!"

"But, do you really mean?" Rose questioned.

"Yeah, I do"

"But it's made of glass!" Rose protested, her panic now becoming externalized. "It'll smash into a million pieces!"

Willy laughed maniacally and looked up again. Rose grabbed onto Charlie, and held him close to her. She closed her eyes, never once daring to open them as they rapidly sped up. Though, she opened her eyes when she heard glass shatter. The elevator had shot up so high that they were in the clouds. Then, the elevator began plummeting to the ground. Rose gripped on even tighter to Charlie, all the whole Willy was giving them a spaced out and dreamy look.  He turned around and pressed a button. The elevator stopped, now with the support of rocket propellers.

Rose let out a sigh of relief, and let go of Charlie. She looked up at Willy, who was smiling gently at her. She returned the smile. The elevator moved along and from it, they could see the other guests leaving the factory.

Augustus was covered in chocolate and licking his fingers. Rose wouldn't be surprised if he was part chocolate.

Violet was back to her normal size, but she was blue now. She was doing cartwheels, flips and contorting in ways contortionists only knew how. Perhaps she could find a new passion in gymnastics.