Rose's Very Special Birthday

Rose woke up bright and early next day

Rose woke up bright and early next day. She sat up on her bed and stretched out her arms. It was her twenty-sixth birthday today, and she was very excited to see what was planned for her today. She looked over at Charlie only to find him still fast asleep. She smiling, got up off her bed and went over to kiss him on the forehead. Charlie grinned in his sleep. Rose turned around, facing her own bed. That's when she noticed the pile of clothes sitting on the end of her bed. There was a bow and note sitting on top of them. Rose picked up the note, and she started reading it.

Good morning starshine,

I hope that you are reading this letter, because if you are, then you have found my first birthday present to you. The Oompa-Loompas made these for you. I can't wait to see what you look like in these. I know you'll look absolutely beautiful, like you always are.

Rose grinned and look down at the clothes. She grabbed each article and looked them over. First, she looked over the boots. They were black high-heeled boots that came up just above her ankles. Then she looked over the jacket. It was burgundy and velvet, with flared sleeves, and a black lace hem. Finally, she looked at the dress. It was black with a flared skirt, that would come just above her knees. The collar and the sleeves of her dress were laced.

The final detail about the dress was perhaps her favorite

The final detail about the dress was perhaps her favorite. There was golden W pinned to the collar of her dress.

Rose put on her new clothes and made her way downstairs. Her grandparents were still sleeping, but Mr and Mrs Bucket were wide awake. Mrs Bucket was preparing breakfast, while Mr Bucket sat at the table, drinking a cup of coffee and reading the newspaper. "Morning" Rose greeted her parents quietly.

"Morning, darling" Mrs Bucket said. She hugged her daughter and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Happy birthday"

Rose walked over to Mr Bucket. She leaned down so she could give him a kiss on the cheek. "Happy birthday, Rose" He wished his daughter.

"Thanks" Rose smiled.

"Oh, darling. You look very beautiful" Mrs Bucket said.

"Willy had these made for me" Rose explained. She looked down, glancing at her outfit. It reminded her of what Willy wore on the day of the tour. The day they met. "I'm dressed just like him"