The Wedding (And How Rose Was Saved)

Rose stood in front of a mirror in her dressing room, while Harry's sister, Catherine, adjusted the veil that was secured by Rose's braided updo

Rose stood in front of a mirror in her dressing room, while Harry's sister, Catherine, adjusted the veil that was secured by Rose's braided updo. She was still crying. She was surprised she still had tears left to cry.

Catherine rolled her eyes at Rose. "You have no reason to be crying" She said with an irritated tone. She never understood what Harry saw in this girl. Catherine wished that her brother would end up with another rich girl, but no, he had to pick a poor girl.

Rose glared her eyes at the girl through the mirror. "You don't know what I've been going through these past two weeks!"

"Well you're about to get married, to my brother no less. So, you better start perking up!" Catherine spat. She then muttered to herself, not caring if Rose heard her or not. "My brother could have done so much better than you..."

That felt like a kick in the stomach. Maybe Catherine was right. Who would want to be stuck with Rose Bucket for the rest of their life? Not even Willy wanted to be with her...

"Alright. Are you ready?" Catherine asked, the bitterness still obvious in her tone. She handed the bouquet to Rose. Her favourite flowers weren't even present in the bouquet. It was abundant in lilies and daisies, but none of the very flower she shared her name with. "And wipe that frown off your face! We don't need you ruining all the photos!" Catherine complained.

Geez, when it comes to spoiled families, the Roberts definitely take the gold medal. The Salts would take silver, but knowing Veruca, she'd be demanding to take the gold one.

******

This wasn't the wedding Rose ever envisioned herself having. The music was boring, she'd definitely have the Oompa-Loompas singing as she marched... no, no... danced down the aisle.

And she didn't want to get married in the church. She wanted to get married in that luscious and colourful candy meadow, with a chocolate waterfall as the backdrop for her wedding photos.

She wouldn't be wearing a white dress. She'd be wearing one made of pink and it would be puffy, something that reminded her of cotton candy. And a tiara with candied jewels on her head.

And of course, Harry wasn't the groom in her dream wedding. Her perfect groom would smell like peanuts and chocolate. He'd be dapperly dressed in that velvet red coat, purple gloves, and a top hat. His eyes would be violet, and he'd have the haircut that Charlie found funny, but Rose absolutely loved.

It should be Willy waiting for her on that altar, not Harry.

And the most important thing, Rose's family would be here. There wouldn't be a room full of stuck up, spoiled, snotty snobs silently judging her because of her lack of wealth.

Harry's father walked her down the aisle, and Catherine acted as her only bridesmaid. This definitely wasn't right. Mr Bucket should be walking Rose down the aisle, and Priscilla and Eleanor should be her bridesmaids.