Dinner and a Morning Surprise

Charlie and Rose went home that night, excited to tell their parents and grandparents the good news

Charlie and Rose went home that night, excited to tell their parents and grandparents the good news. Willy said that they would all be moved into the factory within the week, but he didn't say what day.

"Mum! Dad!" Charlie called out as soon as he and Rose stepped foot in the house.

"Hello, dears!" Mrs Bucket greeted. She was carving up a roasted chicken that was to be their dinner for tonight.

Mr Bucket was setting food on the table. Everything looked absolutely delicious. From the mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables, to the freshly baked dinner rolls and a pitcher of freshly squeezed orange juice. And for dessert, Mrs Bucket had made a cobbler.

"Would you two help your Grandpa Joe with setting the dishes, please?" Mr Bucket asked.

"Of course" Rose nodded. "Charlie, you set the utensils and I'll set the cups?"

The two Bucket children shuffled their respective dishes, while Grandpa Joe set out all the plates. Once dinner was ready, everyone took a seat at the table. Mr and Mrs Bucket sat on either end, Charlie in between Grandpa Joe and Grandpa George, and Rose in between Grandma Josephine and Grandma Georgina.

"You two seem to be in a good mood" Mrs Bucket commented. She smiled at her daughter. "Especially you Rose"

"Considering you've been quite the sourpuss for the past two weeks" Grandpa George added.

"Actually, Charlie and I have something we want to tell you guys" Rose said. She winked at her brother. "Don't we, Charlie?" Her brother grinned at her.

"What's the news?" Grandpa Joe asked. "Don't keep us in suspense!"

"Mr Wonka asked me to move into the factory again" Charlie started. Mr and Mrs Bucket gave each other a look. "But, this time, he extended the invitation to have all of you move in as well"

"Really?" Mr Bucket said in surprise. "What changed his mind?"

"We went with him to see his father today" Rose explained. "He never really had a relationship with his father. That's why he didn't like the idea of family, but now he's realized how important family is"

Grandma Josephine smiled. "That's a good thing you two did for Mr Wonka"

"Do you two know when we're moving in?" Mr Bucket asked.

"Mr Wonka just said it'll be sometime within the week" Charlie answered. Rose couldn't stop smiling as she ate her dinner. The thought of living with Willy in the factory made her bubble with happiness.

"I recognize that smile!" Grandma Georgina said to Rose. "That's the kind of smile you get when you're in love!"

Mrs Bucket smiled at Rose. "Is that true, dear?" She asked. "Are you in love with Mr Wonka?"