News Sharing and An Apology

It was official now

It was official now. Rose Bucket and Willy Wonka were engaged. The following morning, the two of them made their way to the Bucket house to share the news with their family.

"Morning, Buckets!" Rose and Willy greeted when they set foot in the house.

Everyone greeted them back. "Morning Rose! Morning Willy!"

"Joining us for breakfast, you two?" Mr Bucket asked.

"Of course" Rose nodded. She and Willy sat next to each other at the table. "That's why we came here"

"That, and we have some news we want to share" Willy added excitedly. He grabbed Rose's hand and turned his head to look at her with a loving gaze. "Rose said yes to my proposal last night"

Rose smiled and giggled dreamily as she also looked at Willy. "We're getting married!"

All the Buckets broke out into claps and cheers. "That's wonderful to hear!" Grandpa Joe beamed. "Congratulations to you both"

"Do you two have an idea of when the wedding will be?" Mrs Bucket asked. Both Rose and Willy shook their heads no. "Ah, well. There's no rush to it. Besides, a perfect wedding takes time to plan"

"That's true" Mr Bucket said, agreeing with his wife.

"Of course, I want our wedding to be perfect. After all, we're both only getting married once" Willy said, turning to Rose again. "And I want it to be the wedding of your dreams. That's why I think you should be in charge of everything"

"Are you sure?" Rose asked. "This will be your wedding too, Willy. I want it to be perfect for you as well"

"And it will be, starshine" Willy assured her, giving her hand an affectionate and gentle squeeze. "Because I'll be marrying you. And besides, I don't know much of anything about weddings. But you know what you want your dream wedding to be like, and I want it to be perfect for you"

"Thank you, cocoa bean" Rose said. She put a hand on Willy's cheek and pulled him closer to her so she could press a kiss to the other. Everyone smiled at them.

"Aren't they adorable?" Grandma Georgina gushed.

"I can already tell you have plans in mind, Rose" Grandpa George commented.

"Oh, I do!" Rose chirped excitedly. "I know just what I want for decorations, food, music. Everything! Including my dress. Do you want to know what kind of dress I want?"

"We'd love to know" Grandma Josephine said.

"I want it to be a pink dress made entirely from cotton candy"

Charlie smiled at that. "A dress like that would be perfect for a wedding"

"But would it be possible to make such a thing?" Grandpa Joe wondered.