The Great Glass Elevator

Willy pushed a button and there was a ding

Willy pushed a button and there was a ding. The doors to a glass elevator opened. "I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. The elevator is by far the most efficient way to get around the factory" Willy said. Everyone managed to fit themselves inside the elevator. The first thing Rose noticed was all the buttons labeled after the many rooms in the factory.

"There can't be this many floors" Mike said.

"How do you know, Mr Smarty Pants?" Willy countered. "And this isn't just an ordinary up-and-down elevator, by the way. This elevator can go sideways, longways, slantways and any other ways you can think of. You just press any button," Willy pressed a button. "And whoosh, you're off!"

The elevator lurched to the left, which made everyone jerk, except for Willy. He managed to stay perfectly still. Rose ended up falling onto Willy. He caught her by the waist and smiled down at her. "I seem to be falling for you a lot today" Rose whispered to him. She said it rather jokingly, but there was a hidden meaning behind her words. And Willy managed to find it.

"And I'll always be there to catch you, starshine" He said to her. He kept his arm around her waist as he bowed his head to press a gentle kiss to Rose's forehead. The Teavees weren't paying any attention to the two of them, but Charlie was. He was watching them all day. He managed to catch every smile and gaze the two shared. He noticed how they seemed to stay close to each other for almost the whole day. And Charlie couldn't be any happier.

"Oh, look, look!" Willy beamed excitedly when the elevator entered the next room. "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Fudge Mountain!" Sure enough, there was a giant mountain made of fudge. There was also snow all over it, but Rose was sure that it was some form of sugar. There were Oompa-Loompas working on the mountain. They noticed the elevator passing by and waved. Both Willy and Rose waved back to the Oompa-Loompas.

The elevator went into the next room. There was a big tub of pink inside it. There were also pens of pink sheep. Oompa-Loompas were shearing the sheep, and throwing their wool into containers. "Oh!" Willy smiled brightly. He paused, suddenly becoming embarrassed. His smile quickly fell from his face. "I'd rather not talk about this one"

"Cotton candy" Rose muttered quietly to herself, a smile dancing across her lips and her eyes lit with wonder. She made the smile come back to Willy's lips.

They went into the next room, which what looked to be some sort of hospital. There were Oompa-Loompas below them, tending to the puppets from that mornings performance. "This is the Puppet Hospital and Burn Center" Willy explained. "It's relatively new"

The elevator left that room and came to a stop, before it dropped down. Rose gasped in surprise and found her hands gripping at Willy's coat. Willy's grip around her waist tightened. Neither of them wanted to let go of each other. "Ah, the administration offices" Willy said. The elevator stopped in front of an Oompa-Loompa, dressed in pink, sitting at a desk, and typing away on a typewriter. Willy waved at the Oompa-Loompa. "Hello, Doris"

Doris waved back before the elevator started moving backwards. They went into another room where Oompa-Loompas were firing peppermint ammunition at various targets. When the targets were hit, colorful fireworks appeared. The elevator dropped down again. "Why is everything here completely pointless?" Mike asked, feeling very bored.

"Candy doesn't have to have a point" Charlie pointed out. A proud smile grew on Rose's lips, and one seemed to grow on Willy's too. "That's why it's candy"

"It's stupid!" Mike argued. Rose's smile fell and she glared at the boy. "Candy is a waste of time" Willy's smile also fell, but instead of glaring at the boy like Rose did, he spaced out again. His grip around Rose's waist also came free.

Rose saw that Willy was spaced out. She began trying to bring him back. It seemed like she was the only person able to do that. "Willy, are you alright?" She put a hand on his arm. "Is everything okay?" Considering Willy was a good few inches taller than Rose, she had to stand on her toes so she could whisper in his ear. "Please, Willy, come back to me" Without hesitation, she pressed a soft kiss to his cheek.

Willy was brought back into reality when he felt Rose's soft, warm lips on his skin. He turned his head and looked her in the eyes. His expression softened as well. "Rose..." Her name left his lips ever so softly.

"I wanna pick a room!" Mike shouted, interrupting the moment between Willy and Rose.

Willy's attention averted towards Mike. "Go ahead" He urged with a smile. It wasn't a kind smile though. It was a smile with dark intentions behind it.

Mike looked at the many buttons, but there was one in particular that caught his attention. It was the one labeled Television Room. Mike pressed the button. The elevator zoomed off in the direction to the room.