The Television Room

Once the elevator reached the bright, white Television Room, everyone stepped out of the elevator

Once the elevator reached the bright, white Television Room, everyone stepped out of the elevator. "Here!" Willy said, grabbing a pair of thick white rimmed goggles. He put them on. "Put these on quick, and don't take them off whatever you do. This light could burn your eyeballs right out of your skulls" Everyone else put their goggles on while Willy grabbed a second pair. He placed the goggles onto Rose. "And we certainly don't want that, do we?" He whispered, brushing her hair out of her face. He then gently stroked her cheek with his thumb. "Especially not your pretty eyes"

Rose smiled at him. Willy turned around and began leading everyone down a white walkway as he began to explain about the room. "This is the testing room for my very latest and greatest invention: Television Chocolate. One day it occurred to me, "Hey, if television can break up a photograph into millions and millions of tiny little pieces, and send it whizzing through the air, then reassemble it on the other end, why can't I do the same thing with chocolate? Why can't I send a real bar of chocolate through the television, all ready to be eaten?"

An Oompa-Loompa was sitting in a chair with a remote in hand. He clicked through the various channels on the television set. "Sounds impossible" Mr Teavee said.

"It is impossible!" Mike agreed arrogantly. He then began to spout out information that was just useless. "You don't understand anything about science. First off, there's a difference between waves and particles. Duh!" Willy's lips curled in annoyance. "Second, the amount of power it would take to convert energy would be like nine atomic bombs!"

"Mumbler!" Willy turned around and yelled in Mike's face. It was clear he was fed up with the boy. "Seriously, I cannot understand a single word you're saying" Willy straightened his posture, facing forward again. "Okie dokie. I shall now send a bar of chocolate from one end of the room to the other by television" He put his hand up to his mouth. "Bring in the chocolate!"

About six Oompa-Loompas waked over carrying a very large Wonka Nutty Crunch Surprise Bar.  "It's gotta be real big 'cause you know how on tv you can film a regular-size man, and he comes out looking this tall?" He showed using his index finger and thumb, measuring three inches. "Same basic principle" Once the bar was placed on a platform, Willy pressed a red button. The bar was levitated into the air, and encased in glass. There was a blinding white flash and the bar was gone.

"It's gone!" Charlie exclaimed.

Willy looked at Charlie. "Told you. Now, that bar of chocolate is now rushing through the air above our heads in a million tiny little pieces" He waved his fingers in the air. He turned around and urged everyone to follow him. "Come over here! Come on! Come on!"

They all walked over to the television. The Oompa-Loompa that was watching it had it stopped on a channel with gorillas. "Watch the screen!" Willy said excitedly. "Here it comes" A smile played on his face as the chocolate bar came into focus. "Look!" He tapped Mike on the arm. "Take it"

Mike looked incredulously at him. "It's just a picture on a screen"

"Scaredy-cat" Willy faced Charlie instead. "You take it!" Charlie seemed unsure, but Willy encouraged him further. "Go on, just reach out and grab it"