Shopping

When Rose woke up in the morning, she found it odd that Willy wasn't in bed with her

When Rose woke up in the morning, she found it odd that Willy wasn't in bed with her. She frowned at that. However, she did find a note on her bedside table. She grabbed it and read it.

Morning starshine

I had some things that needed to be done today, so I got up extra early to do them. The reason for this is because I want to take you somewhere special tonight. I love you, and I'll see you tonight! Oh, and make sure you wear something extra special!

Rose smiled. She couldn't wait for tonight. Willy always had the most special and unforgettable things planned for her, so she couldn't wait to see what he would do tonight. For now though, Rose decided that she would go join her family for breakfast.

******

Rose opened the door to the Bucket house to find them preparing for breakfast. "Morning Buckets!" She greeted everyone.

"Hello, Rose!" Everyone else greeted back.

The house smelled of pancakes, bacon, eggs and freshly squeezed orange juice. "I came to join you all for breakfast" She sat in her usual spot, between Grandma Josephine and Grandma Georgina.

"Absolutely dear" Mrs Bucket said with a smile. "We always have a place set for you, and for Willy" Once all the food was on the table, everyone helped themselves and began eating. "Rose, I was thinking. There's extra money saved up. How about you and me go dress shopping?"

"Really mum?" Rose asked. She's never been dress shopping with her mum before, since they could never afford to go, but now they could. And it was a perfect opportunity, since Willy wanted her to wear something extra special. What's more special than a brand new dress? "I'd like that. Thank you"

"Can I come too?" Charlie asked. He missed spending time with his sister.

"Of course, Charlie" Rose nodded. "As long as you don't mind watching me try on dresses"

"Where is Willy this morning, Rose?" Mr Bucket asked.

"He had things he needed to get done this morning. Then for this evening, he said he's taking me somewhere special tonight" Rose explained.

Mrs Bucket smirked. "Well, it's a good thing we're going dress shopping then"

"Do you know where he's taking you?" Grandpa Joe wondered.

Rose shook her head. "No idea, but I have a feeling that it's somewhere outside the factory" But Rose knew that it wasn't the location the made her time with Willy special. It was the fact that she was just with him. Of course, there was a reason tonight was going to be special, and the other Buckets knew.

Willy was planning to propose tonight.

******

Rose, Charlie, and Mrs Bucket took the glass elevator to a well known dress shop in town. The minute she stepped inside, everyone had stopped to stare at Rose. No one had quite seen a woman dress quite the way she had. After all, she had a thick black fur coat draped over her, black goggles on her face, purple gloves, a top hat and walked around with a candy-cane cane.