Big News

Months later

Months later...

It was a quiet day. Rose had decided to spend the day with her family. Minus her father as he was at work, and Charlie as he was busy with Willy for the day. That just left Rose with her mother and grandparents.

Mrs Bucket and Rose were doing the dishes. Grandpa Joe was sweeping up the floor. Grandma Josephine and Grandma Georgina were knitting sweaters and scarves. Grandpa George was fixing a broken clock.

Yep. It all seemed quiet. That is, until Rose found herself feeling nauseated. She didn't want to throw up in the sink, dirtying the dishes even more. So she grabbed the closest thing she could which was an empty mop bucket.

Rose crouched on the floor as puked into the bucket. All the other Buckets shared concerned glances with each other. Mrs Bucket crouched beside her daughter and rubbed her back. "You feeling alright, dear?"

Rose lifted her head up. "Yes, I think I'm—" She vomited again.

"Come on, darling" Mrs Bucket helped Rose to her feet. She guided her over to the couch and sat her down. She then put her hand over her daughter's forehead. "You don't feel feverish. Still, we should take you to the doctor. Just in case"

"Mum, I'm fine" Rose instantly regretting saying that as she puked in the bucket again. "Take me to the doctor, please"

Mrs Bucket grabbed Rose by the arm and helped her to her feet. She made sure to keep an arm around her, in case she was feeling faint and about to fall. "We shouldn't be too long, hopefully" Mrs Bucket addressed the grandparents. "If Nathan, Charlie or Willy show up, tell them we'll be back soon"

The Buckets bid their farewell to the two women. Though, something Grandma Georgina said was very interesting. "You'll be coming back with wonderful news! I know it!"

It was like she knew something.

******

It wasn't just a simple check up like Rose and Mrs Bucket thought it would be. The doctor suspected something, though he wouldn't say what, and wanted to do a few more tests.

"Mum, what if somethings wrong?" Rose began to panic. "What if I'm sick with something? What if I'm dying!? What would I tell Willy? I can't leave him, mum!"

"Calm down, dear" Mrs Bucket said in a calm tone. She put her hand over Rose's. "I'm sure it's nothing too serious. Probably just a stomach bug or something"

At that moment, the doctor, named Dr Potts, entered the room. He had his clipboard in hand. "We got all the test results back, Mrs Wonka"

Rose's eyes widened in worry. "I'm sick aren't I? I'm sick with something incurable!"

Dr Potts shook his head. " I assure you, you're not sick"

"Oh" Rose sighed with relief.

"But, that doesn't mean the tests didn't find anything"