Baby Fever

It had been about six months since Rose first found out she was pregnant

It had been about six months since Rose first found out she was pregnant. She now had a prominent baby bump that was on display. Every time she saw it when she looked in the mirror, she felt this wave of overwhelming joy. Sometimes it was too much that she would start to cry.

Every one had been doing their part in making sure that Rose was comfortable and well taken care of. Mrs Bucket always made sure that her daughter was well fed, as she was eating for two now. Her friends stopped by every day, offering to do Rose's errands around the factory for her. Priscilla had the most important job of all. She was the one who kept Rose company when Willy couldn't.

Sometimes she would end up staying the night because she was too stubborn to go home and leave her pregnant best friend behind. No matter how much Rose and Willy told Priscilla that it was okay for her to go home, she would always much rather stay with the expectant mother and father. Behind their excitement, Priscilla could always see the worry and how scared they were.

It was thanks to Priscilla's commitment that she would be named the baby's godmother.

But with all the care, love and support that came from her family and friends, no one was more attentive to Rose than her own husband was.

Willy Wonka never knew how wonderful and exciting it could be when you were expecting a child. But where there was excitement and happiness, nervousness and fright was always buried underneath. There were quite a few things that Willy was afraid of.

What if his child grows up to resent him? What if something goes wrong during the birth and he loses Rose, or the baby, or both? What if--?

What if everything is going to be okay and this child will love both their mother and father unconditionally?

That's the thought that Willy kept with him when he began to worry. It would immediately put him at ease.

As mentioned before, no one was quite attentive to Rose than Willy was. He would get up extra early in the mornings to make breakfast and then bring it to Rose so she could have breakfast in bed. He would do the little chores around the house that Rose would usually do like sweeping the floors, making the beds and doing the dishes. He'd bring her anything she asked him to bring, even if he had to leave the factory to get it.

Whatever cravings she had, no matter how weird they were, Willy would bring her what she wanted. When Rose's hormones were on the blink, Willy would comfort her, make her smile, and make her laugh. He'd hold her in his arms and gently rock her from side to side as she cried into his shoulder. He'd pet her hair softly and give her gentle kisses.

Willy made sure that there was always an Oompa-Loompa around for Rose. The Oompa-Loompas were nothing but kind and helpful throughout Rose's pregnancy. In fact, they were quite excited about the future arrival of the baby. That's all the Oompa-Loompas would talk about with each other.

Rose and Willy had been making more frequent visits to Dr Wonka. When he was informed of the pregnancy, which was only a few days after Rose and Willy found out. He was completely overjoyed that he was going to be a grandfather.