Chapter 29

"The Hospital?!!"

My lips gapped, and I immediately pressed the answer button. "H-hello?" I squeak my throat growing dry. "Miss Y/n Mapa?" A lady from the other side of the line asked. "Yes, that's me." I nodded, realising she couldn't see me. "You need to come to the hospital immediately, as the doctor requests." She spoke. My gaze looks up to Kirishima and my heart raced. "Alright, I'll be on my way," I assured her and hanged up.

"We need to go to the hospital, now!" I grab Kirishima's wrist and begin to sprint to the entrance of the mall, weaving and manoeuvring around people in the way. I feel exhaustion and tiredness fill my body, but I try to ignore the feeling, still clutching to Kirishima's wrist. Once we reach the entrance, I wave over for a taxi and hop in pulling Kirishima along with me.

"To the hospital please," I asked haste and impatience mixed in my tone. "Okay." The male in the driver's seat looked at me in his review mirror and nodded, pressing his foot on the accelerator and the vehicle zoomed. (Iida?)

~Time Skip Brought to you by: Plot, what is it? (The hot guys/gals!!!)~

Bursting through the hospital door, I rush over to the front desk and checked myself in. "Alright, you free to go." The lady affirmed. I rushed to the elevators remembering where and what room he is in. (Second floor, room 38) Kirishima soon joins me and he gives me a small smile and giving me a nod as the door closed.

My body was shaking, my anxiety levels rising. The doors open and I leap out looking to my left and right, scanning the corridor for room number 38. Spotting the number I bolt my way to the door, almost slipping as I skid in front of the door. I pant and regain my breath before gulping down and placing a hand on the handle.

I stare at my hand and feel the cold, hard steel at my fingertips. I feel a warm heat source grasp my free hand. I look back and up at Kirishima who gives me an encouraging smile and nods. I turn back around and look at the door handle once more. Inhaling, I slowly twist the knob and push the door open. The room was bright and the sun from the sunset was still blinding to me. I pull my arm over my eyes, shielding them from the sudden brightness change.

I look over to Taro's bed.

It's empty and vacant. The white sheets tossed around, flowers and 'get well' balloons placed on the bedside table. Monitors still beeping and buzzing. A long wire caught my eye, it seemed to be connected to the monitors. My eyes trail to the end of the wire and... there sitting in a chair.

Taro.

He sat there looking out the window and admiring the sunset. His knees were tucked up to his chest and his chin resting on his knees. His olive skin glistened in the warm sunset light. Bandages still wrapped around certain parts of his body, but less than before.

He turns his head around, to the sudden disruption. "Once again Miss Gathenway, I will not play another game of ches-" His ocean blue eyes widened and a smile grew on his face. "Y/n!!" He leapt up from his seat and rushed over to me. His arms spread open and he engulfed me into his embrace.

My sight was overwhelmed by the patterns on his hospital gown, they soon growing blurry tears forming at my eyes and a sob threatening to cry out. Letting go of Kiri's warm hand, and I hug Taro back, letting my tears fall, soaking his clothing. He lets out a soft chuckle, placing a soft peck on the top of my head. "It's good to see you, (Nickname)."

I pull away from our small hug and wipe the stray tears that fell from my eyes. I let out a chuckle and nudged him. "You took your time, didn't you... I really missed you, dumbass." His lips parted and he looked in shock. "What! I wake up and 'dumbass' is the first thing you call your loving older brother?" Looking offended and acting overdramatic.

"Tch, now you make me feel like two to three days wasn't long enough." I roll my eyes, sarcasm lingering in my voice. "Awww!! So mean!!" My brother whined. I attack him with another hug, "I'm just kidding. You know, your like my twin and I also need you... no matter how annoying you are." I mutter in his chest. We both laughed still in the hug.

Kirishima cleared his throat. Taro's head shot up to the direction of the sound, he pulled away from the hug and tucked me behind him protectively. He looked at Kirishima on the eye to eye level. "So, you took care of my, Y/n... I'm guessing nothing happened other than simple hospitality, right?" I blush memories and moments that occurred over the past few days.

I push Taro aside and furrowed my eyebrows. "Aye, c-come on. He's a friend. And.. he was just as kind as to being here for me when you weren't." Giving Kirishima a side glance then looking up at Taro. Taro narrowed his eyes at Kirishima, "Is that true? You were there for my little sis?" Kirishima just nodded and smiled. "Quit it, besides. When did the doctors say you'll be released?" I asked poking Taro in the chest.

He pulls a pout and looks around. "About two more days, just for checking and all clears, that's all." He explained. I just nodded and smiled at him as he patted my head and smiled back.

~Time Skip Brought to you by: Cow 🐮 or Potato 🥔??~

We had stayed behind with Taro and just hung out for a bit. It was getting really late and both Kirishima and I have shifts tomorrow. We say "bye" to Taro and call an Uber to come and pick us up.

We wait at the entrance of the hospital, Kirishima leans in a pillar looking at his phone as I gripped your sides and try to preserve my heat. Memories of today and the terms of the event, filling up my head, the under the tree talk, the joy of seeing my brother at better health, the heart fluttering dance...

My face flushes a beetroot red and my ears being to flame up. The way he looked so handsome and cute as we danced, he shows it almost effortlessly. It gives my awe, to how a single human, who is both cute and attractive to be, well SINGLE at his state. My mind is unclear and messed up place right now, random and loud fan girl screams ringing in my head, almost giving me a major headache.

Breaking me out of thought silence he spoke, "U-um, Y/n?" I look over to him humming in response. "Can I... can I ask you something?"

—————————————————————————
Hahahahaha!! You thought there was more?!!! Well, the jokes on you I'm not even a real blonde!! 🥴🥴

i'm sorry i'm having a crackhead moment... LET ME BE!!