Chapter 30

So... I know I left you all on a bad cliffhanger... and I mean, what can I say I'm a sucker for cliffhangers, especially the ones that make you wanna read more. Anyways I hope you enjoy today's chapter. TO THE STORY!!
—————————————————————————————

"Can I... Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure." I smiled at him still clutching to my sides and keeping my heat contained. "Over the past couple of weeks or days..." He started, looking at the ground as he spoke. "I... I've gotten to know you pretty well, and..." He paused, starting to chew on his lower lip and slowly shifting his gaze to me.

"Oh! Uh, here." He took off his denim jacket and gave it to me, and I took it as I whispered a small, "Thanks." Then he started speaking again. "I'd like to ask, if you think of me as more than frien-" He was interrupted by a car that appeared at the curve. (Let me... I'm gonna kick this driver into the NEXT DECADE!!!😡... proceed 🧐) The Uber driver puts his window down and greets us.

I hear Kirishima sigh a little, in disappointment as we get in. "Hey, did you wanna finish that when we get home?" I tilted my head and tried to give him a reassuring smile. "Nah. I don't think I'll have the courage to ask again later, but thanks." He rubbed the back of his neck looking disappointed and upset.

~Time Skip Brought to you by: What is your favourite fast food place?~

Kirishima and I arrived home late last night, and we barely got any sleep. I had told Mina everything that happened yesterday, and she was both overjoyed and upset about not being there. We wait outside Kirishima's house with our things, and we're ready for work. Kirishima had dark circles under his eyes and he seemed deflated and tried. The air was cold and frigid, but luckily this time I was wearing a jacket, rather than just my lifeguard swimsuit. Kirishima yawns and takes a look at his phone, "Mina should be here any minute now."

And speaking of the girl, she pulled up at Kirishima's driveway. Denki sitting in the front with Mina, he waved over to us as we walked over to the back. I open the door, and I am welcomed with a warm heat coming from inside the car. I climb in sitting behind Denki, placing my bag in the middle. Kirishima does the same and sits behind Mina. "You guys were up late last night." Denki turns to us in his seat and looks at both of us.

I groan, "Being with Taro is just so tiring, he's so dramatic and drains my energy way too quickly." "Yeah, and we did come home late last night." Kirishima yawned, causing me to do the same. Mina just giggled as she continued on driving. Denki and Mina had decided on talking to themselves, as Kirishima and I take in the coziness of the car as slowly fall into the hole of sleep.

~Time Skip Brought to you by: What's the best way you could be my beautiful girl in the face smile. (I just let my keyboard autofill)~

My body is moved vigorously as someone dares to disturb me. I flutter my eyes open, glaring at the looming figure that is shaking me awake. "Denki, get me the water bottle!" The figure demands. My eyes widen and I force myself awake. "Oh no, you don't!!" I yell looking up at Mina who just smirks and walks away. I rub my eyes and grab my things, seeing as Kirishima had already left. I hop out of the car and stretch my arms and legs, a yawn followed after.

Mina and Denki were smiling at me and waiting for me to hurry when I notice Kirishima. He is bent over, a towel over his head, majority of his shirt soaked water. "Uh? Kiri?" I ask, my voice still sounding a little scratchy. He straightens himself and looks at me. "Oh, I guess they didn't pour water for you to wake up." A grin appeared on his lips, his hair still wet and the towel covering most of it.

"Yeah. Mina's done that to me one too many times for me to know." I shrugged as Denki and Mina snickered and began to walk.

Minutes later we arrive at the entrance of the water park, and are welcomed by Ochaco and Momo. We greet them "good morning," they both smile and nod continuing on their work. The four of us head over to the watchtower and place our stuff in our lockers. "Can I please have all personnel to the watchtower, please!" A females voice boomed over the PA system. Mina and I walk to the lounge and take a seat, waiting on everyone else and standing by for further instructions.

People start to fill in the room, and I finally realise the amount on workers and staff we have here, half of them I haven't known or worked with. Momo and Ochaco walk through the door and announce Charlotte's arrival. "Charlotte has gathered us here for a meeting, as she wishes to inform you all on something." And finally, as the last person to enter the room, Charlotte walks in a regular smile placed on her face.

"Thanks, guys, I've called you all here, because we will be having the theme parks 20th anniversary on this coming Wednesday. The head of the company has planned on throwing a party for both the public and the staff." Charlotte smiled widely as she broke the news to us. The others cheered and celebrated, as a smile danced on my lips the joy and happiness spreading around the room.

"Aw yeah! I love these parties, we don't have work and we can party all night!!" Denki cheers as he throws his arms in the air. "I hope it will be as great as last years!" A voice spoke. "Yeah! Last year's party was awesome!!" Another responded. "But where are we going to hold this event?"

—————————————————————————
Here you go, not as bad of a cliffhanger just the argue to read more, chewing you up inside. What will happen at this party? Who will attend? Will drama continue? 😏
Welp! Good luck on that, if you have any predictions I'd love to read them, but there's no way I'm gonna tell ya!! 😈