Chapter 42

~Present~

"Besides, I'm not the only one who knows."

He looks over at the rooftop door. My fists drop and I look at him with confusion written on my face, before dragging my attention to the door too.

And there, stood a specific redhead.

CRACK

My body froze. My mind went fuzzy and I was just staring at the Kirishima who stood in front of the opened door. His features weren't shown all too clearly due to the lack of light he was standing in, so the details to him weren't all that clear. His glowing crimson orbs were the only things I saw first, they literally glowed from the shadow he was standing in. He stood there with guilt shown throughout his body. I looked down and averted my gaze from his.

"Hi there, I'm an official shipper, and shipping people I see fit is my job." Ely playfully waved at me, giving me a quick nod. "Besides, I did say I give you my full support. So here's my contribution. Oh! And some advice, I think the guy has something to say to you too." He smiled at me before walking over to the door.

"Ely! We did what we could, let's go." A blonde hair chick, whose voice sounded very familiar called out from inside the building. It was Charlotte. I shake my head slightly looking down, before looking back up at Charlotte. "Don't! Mess this up, okay Y/n!!" She gave me a wave and a smile, then left along with Ely too.

The door was shut closed. And the only people left... was Kirishima and myself.

I clasped my hands together, fiddling with my fingers as he decided to walk slowly over to me. He was about a meter away from me, I looked up at him and took a real look at his face. In the actual light, he looked tired, drained and even timid. He had a bandage covering a scratch on his face, his face looking pretty beaten up in general. It shocked me, that a guy so cheerful and bright had turned shy and dull. Seeing him like this made me hurt, I brought this to him, I hurt him.

"H-Hi..." I croaked, we both looked into each other's eyes. "Hey." He replied softly, rubbing the back of his neck slowly. He looked uncomfortable and shy, I could feel my chest tighten and my vision grow blurry. "Um, how... how long had you b-been there?" I pointed to the door, fidgeting with my fingers as soon as they came together. "For a fair bit, to be honest." "O-Oh."

Silence washed over us, as I just averted my eyes from him and studied the floor below me. 'Come on Y/n!! You've got to say something!!' I take a deep breath and shut my eyes. "Alright, here goes nothing," I mumble to myself. "Pardo-" "I'm sorry I hurt you!!" I yelled over him, clenching my fists and letting the few tears roll down. "I'm sorry I made you feel this way, I'm sorry that I said those words."

I continued, wiping my tears away and looking him straight in the eye. "I'm a dumbass and I know it now..." "Y/n it's-" "I pushed you away and even hurt you when I know myself... that I like you!!" My tears came rolling down as guilt continued to pile up within me. "What I said back then was true. You do make my day every time your around, and yes a simple smile from you can give me enough strength to live on with my life."

I was too busy rambling on that I didn't notice Kirishima's actions at that point. He had slowly added his way closer and closer to me, while I continued ranting. "I'm just sorry I was a stubborn pineapple to understand and acknowledge your feelings of annoyance and hatred towards me... I'm sor-"

Suddenly something soft and warm crashed onto my lips, cutting me off from my words. My eyes widen and I melt at his touch. I suddenly feel his arm wrap around me, and his other hand lifting my chin. Our bodies were so close, that there was absolutely no gap between us. A little confused, I kiss back, my hands pressed between both of our chests. A warm and comforting feeling explored my chest, my heart was suddenly thumping and I could feel another heart-pounding other than mine.

We both release from the kiss, a blush spreading like a wildfire across our faces. His hands were still wrapped around me, feeling his warm body heat comfort my cold and shaky figure. "Hehe, sometimes you talk so much, that I don't get a chance to speak." A chuckle blessed my ears, as he finally broke his dull and lifeless statue and smiled his signature toothy grin. "Like I said before, you have every right to feel what you feel, even when you're around me." His precious ruby eyes glistened in the twirling lights above as he spoke those words.

"I care for you, and you mean a whole lot to me. And for the past couple of days, I've been trying to tell you, that I like you and think of you as more than a friend." My body relaxed at his words and I smiled so wide and genuinely, it hurt my cheeks. My stomach was doing flips and my heart was singing, I wanted to melt on the floor at this very moment.

"And you've got to stop cutting to conclusions that end up being wrong, that's what puts you into these unnecessary situations." He chuckled again, tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear. "But then again, you won't listen and I have to save your ass from those situations." I watch his lips as he talked, and decided to press my lips onto his. He hummed at my sudden action, but before he was going to kiss back I pulled back. "H-Hey. What was that for?!" He asked, his blush darkening that it matched his crimson hair.

"You were talking way too much, and I just felt the need to," I smirk, as I continue to gaze into his eyes. Never in my life had I thought that this day would actually come, and never did I believe it was going to happen in the beautiful scenery.

"And," I pause for a short moment, observing his face. "Speaking of cutting to conclusions, what happened to your face? It looks like someone beat the strawberry jam out of you." I graze my fingers over his bandage.

"Ehehe, that's kind of a long story." He sweatdropped, a small smile pulling at his lips.

————————————————————————
Awww!! 🥺 So cute!!