Chapter 39

Kirishima's POV

~Flashback~

Denki stopped me from following Y/n. I forced his hand off of me, but it only made Sero help Denki out and hold me back too. I watched Y/n disappear into the crowd as Mina, Charlotte and the others appeared. I wanted to scream her name. I wanted to apologise more times than she could ever hear. I wanted her to turn back around and to talk to me.

"Let her go off for now Kiri. She's going to whoop your ass too if you mess with her now." Denki warned as Mina looked around frantically in the crowd for Y/n. She gave me a disappointed look and shook her head. "Well, I don't care. I want to apologise to her, and if I have to get my ass beaten... so be it." I push the two aside. I rush over to the direction I last saw Y/n go, and looked around.

I slip into the next elevator trip down and run through the crowd, sprinting to the exit of the venue. I look around frantically for Y/n, scanning through the many people who came in or out of the venue. That's when I saw her, she was walking with a bottle in hand. Her walk looked weak and frail. I immediately sprint my walk to her.

I need to help her.

She came up to a pedestrian crossing, I was only mere meters away from her. I call out her name, but I am overlapped by the sound of a loud truck horn. *Beep! Beep!* Y/n crosses the road, and I see the truck drive past me constantly beeping and warning her to move. "Y/N WATCH OUT!!!" I yell, but I was too late. She was tossed a couple of meters as the truck stopped. "Y/N!!" I bolt to her side and kneel beside her. I pull her body onto my lap and look at her pale, unconscious face. The bottle was lightly clutched in her hand.

I pull out my phone and call Mina, "Kirishima? Where are-" "Mina!! It's Y/n. She got hit by a truck!!" I explain, my heart beating fast. "Oh, crap!! I'll be right there!!" She shouts from over the phone and I immediately tuck it away, focusing my attention to Y/n. "Please Y/n, stay with me. Please say you're okay." I plead as strangers surround us, one of them calling an ambulance. My vision of Y/n's face is blurred up from tears that are slowly forming in my eyes. I pull her head towards mine, as I hold her hand tightly. My tears roll off my face and onto Y/n's emotionless and sleeping face.

A car screeches, it's tires screaming aggressively. I turn to the noise to see Mina and Denki dashing out of the car. "Kiri. *gasp* Y/n!!" Mina took the other side of Y/n and held her hand. "Kirishima, what happened?!" Denki asked, crouching down beside me. "A truck slammed into her." As if on cue, sirens and vehicles began to surround us, paramedics and police officers swarming towards us.

"Where's the injured girl?!" A male in a paramedic uniform asked, before looking down at Y/n and calling his co-partner to come over with the stretcher. The placed her onto the hospital bed and lifted her off to the vehicle. I stand up, walking over to the van only to be stopped by Mina. "Y/n's gonna break if she sees you here. You need to go, apologise to her next time... but she needs some time." Mina looked down then at Y/n, she pleaded me to leave.

I only nodded. It pained me, I couldn't see her. Denki pats me on the back. "I'll take you home." He says, leading me to Mina's car. 'Shit I screwed up so bad.' I clench my fists, in anger and disappointment in myself.

~End of Flashback~

"You idiot!!" Bakugou shouts from my phone. I laid on my bed, still in the clothes from last night with my hands in my hair. I groan in frustration. I had been beating myself up on my mess up all night. "I know Bakugou... there's no need to rub it in my face." I groan. Silence was heard from the other side of the line. "I'm a jerk, a joke, a dumbass, an idiot... I know already Bakugou."

"Go fucking apologise then!! She should be in the hospital, right? Then go see her!!" He yelled. "You don't think I want to?!" I shout back, sitting up and glaring at my phone. "Like heck I do... but I'm only going to hurt her more. She hates me now... I can't do jack shit!!" I slump back down onto my bed, my hands pulling at my hair in frustration. "Oh shut up. Don't be stupid, go see her and make up for it, Damn it!! She's never going to know your 'sorry' if you don't see her!!"

"It's not that easy," I mumble.

Y/n's POV

Days fly by. And I'm recovering pretty well. The nurses are okay, although I sometimes hear them talk smack about other patients. I really wonder if they gossip about me. Denki, Sero Ochaco, Momo and some others came to visit me, wishing me a fast recovery and good health. I just continued to plaster on a smile every time they popped in.

Not once did Kirishima come to visit, none even mentioned him around me. At times they would almost slip up, but then they would recover with an apology. I just had to sit there and lie. Heck, I was even surprised that Bakugou was there too, hoping I get a quick recovery.

As everyone left after seeing me, Bakugou was the last to leave. He gave me a stern and serious glare, "What? Want a photo and an autograph too?" I grin. He didn't respond with his retort, he only pushed himself off the wall and walking to the exit. He stopped just at the foot of the door, the door closed. "How long are you gonna lie to yourself?" He lowly growled. "What are you-" "Don't give me that crap!!" He turned on his heels, basing his attention to me. An annoyed and irritated look displayed on his face.

"You know damn well he likes you back!! And your gonna have this STUPID lie that he hates you, blur up that thought?!" He shouted he took a couple of steps towards me, before intensifying his glare at me. "I don't know what you're talking about Baka-go." I look down at my lap, knowing that I was being childish.

"Oh, don't go calling me the 'Baka,' when it's you who's the-" "I can't face him!!... knowing that I'll break down into a million pieces. I can't believe anything you or anyone says about him, you can't change my mind. I have to accept this." I was screaming, cause I couldn't look at Kirishima again without being hurt, I just had to accept this and that life is nothing but pain and suffering. Tears started flowing from my eyes and down my cheeks. I hate having to tell myself I have to accept this when I should be trying to change it.

I hate lying to myself.

And before I know it, I was venting to Bakugou. He just stood there and looked down at me. "He's a guy I hate the least, and I know you make him his happiest. He's always smiling around you, and isn't so much of a dumbass when you're around." He mumbled, placing a hand on my head. "I'm not great at these situations. But he's just as down in the dumps as you fucking are." He scolded, giving my head a whack before walking off.

The pain in my head stung, but his words continued to spiral in my head. Did I really have that kind of effect on him? The same kind he has on me? I glance at the closed door. I was all alone once again. I look out my window and think of the times we had together.

Ever since day one.

—————————————————————
These chapters keep getting worse and worse. I can hardly concentrate. I am going to cry in a corner now. This is going to be a bumpy ride. 🥴