Two.

"Gosh, I missed you so much!" Lexi gasped in a bone crushing hug. I held her just as tight, tears welling in my eyes.

I pulled away taking in her appearance. God, she was still as beautiful as she was four years ago. Even if I just saw her six months ago, it's felt like eternity without my best friend. "I missed you, Lex. Weren't you supposed to fly out earlier?"

Lexi shook her head, hiding the evident breakdown from earlier. "Jacob didn't want me going alone. I sent your Dad to sit with her, I hope that's okay."

I smiled, "Of course it is. My Dad loves Annabelle too. Now, where's my beautiful god daughter?!" I yelled loud enough for the little toddler to hear me.

"Auntie L!" Annelia's giddy squeal sounded before the race of her bare feet padded the ground in a full gallop towards me with her little legs and arms extended. Her short brown bouncy waves, jumping with joy at the sight of me. Her big eyes wide as if I was Santa.

I snatched her up, wrapping my arms around her as we spun in circles. Her light giggles filled the air bringing the happiest smile to my face.

"Annie! Oh, how I've missed you!" I kissed her cheeks over and over making her scrunch her fingers to her face with a playful scowl.

"Did you bring me sumthin?" Her little eyes narrowed to my luggage I had.

I've spoiled her to say the least. I was constantly sending Lexi cute clothing and bags of toys to the point where Lexi started returning them back to me because 'I'll have to get a second house if you keep this up, Ellie!'

"Of course I did!" I smiled, pulling my luggage to our side as I held her on my hip.

"I hate to be the pusher but we gotta go if we don't want to miss our flight." Jacob sighed. He looked so tired as he held Lexi close. The loving couple held onto each other for support as they glanced over us one more time.

"I'm so sorry about Annabelle. Please, tell her I'm thinking of her." I spoke to Lexi, trying not to say too much in front of the eager little ears in my arms.

Lexi sniffled, trying to hide her tears from her baby girl. "Thanks for watching our baby for us, Ellie."

"Of course. No worries." I looked back to Annelia and poked her cute button nose. "We are going to have a great time, right?"

"Presents!" She yelled, jumping to the ground, quickly finding the bag I had for her.

"Ellie, if it makes noise, you're taking it back with you." Jacob groaned, watching as Annie ripped the bag apart to pull out the new princess stuffie I got her.

It looked just like her with dark brown wavy hair and big honey brown eyes, wearing a bright pink dress. She squealed with excitement, holding the princess to her chest.

"I left a list of my usual routine with her on the table. Along with poison control, the local PD and her pediatrics. Please call me if anything!" Lexi stressed before giving Annelia a kiss to her head.

What did she think I'd be doing with a child?!

"You can call whenever too." I reminded her as I watched them leave.

"Auntie L?" Annie looked up to me with big puppy dog, eyes. Her lips curled into a pout.

My heart melted. She always knew how to wrap me around that little finger of hers.

"What are we going to do?"

I knelt down in front of her with the biggest smile. "Its a little chilly for the park. What about a movie?"

"Scooby doo?"

"Sure." I smiled as she guided me to the couch. She was so smart, turning on the TV and putting Scooby Doo on without my help.

I just marveled looking at her. Jacob and Lexi did a great job raising her. She was the perfect goddaughter. My heart warmed as she cuddled up into my side with her brand new stuffed princess in her arms.

"Hello?" I answered my phone with a smile, peering down to the sleeping toddler in my arms.

"Hey babe." Chris spoke with glee, "Just making sure you made it safe."

"Yeah I did." I sighed happily out.

"What's wrong?"

I paused, running a finger through Annie's hair until she was snoring gently on my lap.

"Being with Annie makes me want babies." I shook my head, trying to erase that thought completely.

I don't want kids. Maybe Jacob and Lexi will give me more god-babies. Maybe a godson and one more goddaughter. That way I can spoil the crap out of all of them but hand them back when they poop their diapers.

"Oh god." Chris chuckled. "I have to be careful when you get back. You might just stop taking your birth control to lock me in."

I went to laugh back but then sudden realization punched me in the cervix. "Fuck!" I yelled hushly. "Are you home?"

"No, I'm at the shop. My Dad says Hi and he wishes you guys the best." Chris murmured. "Everything okay?"

"No. I think I forgot my birth control at home." I rubbed my face with a deep sigh. "It'll be fine. We just can't do anything for a while when I get back."

"Yeah, yeah. How often do we ever do something?" He joked, "once, twice a day?"

I rolled my eyes, letting my glance fall on Annie once again. "Do you think you'd ever want kids?"

Chris groaned softly. "We've talked about this, Ellie."

"I know, I know. I wish you could see Annie right now. She loves the stuffed Princess I found her." I lovingly looked to her.

"She loves everything you give her." Chris spoke softly. "Ellie, I know I'm not offering you much. You don't have to stick around."

I let my head rest into the couch behind me. Chris wasn't my significant other. He was a companion of sorts. A friend with benefits more so. We laughed, hung out, and cried together. We were everything a couple would be considered, except we didn't love each other.

Both of us knew deep down, no matter what the other did, our hearts belonged to someone else.

Our hearts belonged to the ones who broke them in the first place.

"I mean, same for you."

Chris huffed. "I gotta go, Titan just walked in and now I have to find a spot on his body that isn't covered in ink already."

"Ohh, maybe the eyeballs." I smirked as he groaned.

"I was thinking his penis so he wouldn't come back."

I laughed lightly. "I knew you've been wanting to touch him that way."

"Oh god. Goodbye, Ellie!"

I continued to softly chuckle, long after Chris was off the phone.