Seven.

"Talk to me." Chris pleaded in a gentle tone.

My stomach twisted and turned to knots as I shuffled through my bag of clothing.

"I'm going on a date with Max." I felt horrible for even telling Chris, but I promised to always be truthful with him.

Just like he always was for me.

"Ellie, that's okay. Don't act like this isn't what you've wanted all these years. We both know better."

I exhaled loudly. "Chris, I'm sorry. I didn't think these feelings would be so raw still. I thought I'd see him and hate him for hurting me."

Chris chuckled softly and I could picture him shaking his head and rolling his baby blues at me. "Relax. What're you going to wear?"

"I'm going on a date with my ex and you're asking what I'm going to wear?" I groaned, looking at the clothing that littered the ground.

"Well, I've seen you get ready. It's like a train wreck into a fashion show, you change your outfit a thousand times. Wear a pair of tight jeans and a deep v neck. Your ass always looks good in jeans."

My heart spun in circles wondering how Chris could be so carefree and at ease with our situation.

But then I remembered, we're just a support system for each other.

"I just want what's best for you, Ellie. If you think Max is, then so be it. You deserve to be happy. You've been through enough shit to last a lifetime." Chris explained, as if reading my mind.

"I'll be home soon." I sighed, picking up the outfit Chris suggested.

"Take your time. We aren't going anywhere."

***
"Wow." Jacob sucked in an inhale as he eyed me up and down. "You're seriously going out with him?"

I gave a solemn nod, adjusting my very deep v neck, hoping my boob wouldn't pop out at some point tonight.

"You should change. I doubt he'll be able to make it through dinner if you're dressed like that." Jacob chuckled as he cleaned up the kitchen counter. "You know he hasn't had sex in four years? Don't expect him to last long."

"Oh my god. We aren't going to have sex." I looked in the mirror with a devilish smirk. Though, it wouldn't be the worst thing we could do.

I heard the gentle knock at the door and my heart turned to mush. I inhaled deeply before rushing over and opening it.

Max stood leaning against the porch pillar. His hand stuffed into his tight black jeans and a tan jacket covered a tucked in tight fitted black shirt.

We stood shamelessly as we checked each other out. Dirty thoughts circles my mind, undressing him with each moment that passed.

"You look beautiful." Max gaped as he wrapped an arm around my waist. He bent down and kissed my cheek with ease. "You ready?"

"Mhmm." I hummed as he guided me towards his BMW.

My hand guided up the side of his black ride, feeling the cool metal softly.

Max opened the door, easing me into the passenger seat then walked around the front. His stride was slow as he wiped his forehead dry before entering the drivers seat.

"You okay?" I eyed him wearily.

He looked so nervous that it was actually cute.

"Yeah." He breathed, looking at me again. His eyes lingering over my half exposed chest.