Twenty Four.

Ellie POV

Thanksgiving. Once a holiday I spent with just my father but now, I'd be surrounded by a mass of family and friends. Max had to beg me to go to his parents house in New York where we both decided to keep the pregnancy under wraps for now.

Just until after our doctor appointment next week to confirm the home test results.

For all I know the three boxes of pregnancy tests I went through could all be false positives and I'm worrying for nothing.

Though, that would be an empty hope.

Especially since my Aunt Flow never showed.

I still hoped she'd make it to Dinner.

(A/N: please tell me someone laughed because I can't stop.)

"Who's going to be there, again?" I asked Max as I stared out the car window.

My stomach was turning into knots thinking about seeing his mother again.

"Sam, his parents, my parents, my sister and her boyfriend and I invited your father. I hope that's okay." Max reached over and grabbed my hand.

"No, I'm glad you invited him."At least I'll have someone that I know will be on my side if things get rough. "I just feel bad he had to fly up here. Who picked him up from the airport?"

"Sam."

I groaned at the name.

"Ellie." Max sighed, ready to start his speech about not being mad at my friends because of his own poor decisions.

"I really don't want to hear your whole it's my fault not his spiel, Max."

Max held my hand tighter then all too happily, in a sing-songy voice said, "So, few things I should warn you about."

I gave him a stink eye, knowing no good could come from that statement.

"This is the first time my sister has been in the same house as my mother for three years and I haven't spoken to my mother in two. So besides that, it'll be great."

I couldn't help but wide eye him. He's literally taking me to war on foreign land.

"Okay. Why haven't you spoken to your mother? And please, Dear whatever higher entity is above, tell me your estranged relationship with your evil birth giver is not because of me."

Max bobbed his head back and forth with a frown.

"Dear lord." I mumbled, rubbing my face roughly. "She's going to kill me and your unborn child. At least I won't have to worry about being pregnant anymore."

"Ellie Rose Taylor!" Max snapped, placing his hands back to the steering wheel.

"I'm just saying! She hated me years ago! Did you know she tried to buy me out of our relationship?" I paused watching his face unmoved, "you did know."

"My sister told me after my mother did the same thing to her boyfriend. I found out during the period I was blocked on your phone." Max huffed. "Listen, lets just stay for dinner. If you're uncomfortable we'll leave."

I crossed my arms with a pout. "If she offers me money, I'm taking it. Learned my lesson once."

Max gave me a double take with a shake of his head.

***
Getting out of the car and stepping foot on Maddox's parents property will never cease to amaze me at how people can flaunt their money.

I mean, the house was bigger than the one in Florida I briefly saw on Spring Break with a garage big enough to fit half the house inside.

I gripped the pie in my hand tighter as I saw Sam's car parking beside us.

My father jumped out of the passenger seat, immediately running up to me.

"Hey princess." My Dad beamed a smile, wrapping an arm around my body while the other held a pie.

We both stared at the pumpkin goodness in both of our hands. Two of the same pies from both father and daughter.

"So, which store did you go to?" I hushly asked him lifting my pie in the air next to his.

They looked identical. Both taken out of their original wrapping and placed into nice tubberware containers as if actually baked at home.

He's taught me all too well.

"Home made." My father winked taking my pie from my hand as he glanced at the house in front of us.

We both looked to the mansion with a silent groan and furrowed brows. Sam walked up beside us with his own frown.

"Ellie." He whispered, placing a soft hand to my back. "I'm sorry."

"Not today, Sam. I have enough shit to worry about. Like Max's crazy fucking mother." I groaned, not able to look at him.

"Just give me one minute. Please?" Sam held onto my shoulder until I turned to face him.

My father and Max left us, quickly before I even had a chance to protest.

I crossed my arms and took in Sam's defeated look. But something else about him was twinkling in his eyes. Something I had never seen before.

"I get why you did it." I murmured. "But, Sam, you have to understand why I'm upset with you. You had no right to go into my phone and block the man I wanted to be with. I listened to his voicemails he left me, this three years could have been avoided. Max and I could have been together, building our relationship years ago."

Sam looked to the ground before pulling my body into one of his famous, loving hugs.

"I love you, Ellie. You are my family as much as Max is. Please, don't stay mad at me for this. I thought i was doing the right thing." He whispered as he squeezed me tighter.

"I love you too, Sam. You've been there for me through so much. I've put you through so much." I wiggled from his embrace with a deep sigh, "But I'm so mad at you. Friends and family don't do that."

Sam held my hand for a few moments then tensed. His eyes glaring at the car that pulled up to the driveway with hate.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" He murmured, not able to look away from the pristine white Tesla or the tall, skinny blonde that walked out.

"Who is that?" I narrowed my eyes, taking in the woman who walked up to us like she owned the house.

Sam's hand held mine tighter.

"Hey, Sammy!" The woman squealed. "Look at you, finally have a girlfriend I see!"

"Olivia, who invited you?" Sam snapped.

The name of the woman, making me think back to the story Max told me of his first love, made my heart sink to my feet.

Olivia rolled her brown eyes, "Maxie's mother of course." She gave me a smile before walking past us and flipping her hair in Sam's face.

***
A/N; hi guys! :) CHECK OUT MY OTHER EROTICA 'Ride Me' please :)

Camilla is as evil as ever. Inviting Maddox's ex that cheated on him to thanksgiving. Who tf does she think she is? And I have a feeling Olivia isn't the only surprise visitor ;)

I'll be updating at least one or two more chapters tonight if all goes well in my life :p