Nineteen.

A/N; pls read authors note at bottom to help your author out!
***

Bonus Chapter in Chris' POV :)

Christian Cohen POV

I hate mornings.

Correction.

I hate early mornings.

Like right now.

It's four am and I'm standing behind two of the most whipped people I've ever met.

Maddox and Ellie are constantly touching each other, she's feeling his muscular arm or he's kissing her forehead while they're giggling and whispering to each other. It's been three days since Maddox came and they've been stuck to each other like velcro while I'm just the wall they're hanging a photo on.

I see the love and I'm happy for Ellie. I really truly, with all my heart, am.

But goddammit. It's too early for the sitcom comedy romance bullshit.

"Max, cut it out." Ellie giggled as we boarded the plane.

He was probably tickling her or some shit.

"You'll have to make me." Maddox whispered as if not everyone on the tightly packed metal flying object could hear him.

I couldn't help but outwardly groan.

"For the love of god. If you two don't stop I'm going to lose it." I snapped as I buckled in my seatbelt.

Ellie placed a gentle hand to my shoulder. Her glance dropping to my fumbling hands that clanked the metal over and over until they shoved together.

"You okay, Chris?" She asked, probably thinking I'm upset with her or the fact that she's dating her ex again.

But no.

Not why I'm upset.

I'll tell you why.

"New York City. It's under fifty degrees and bound to start snowing soon. You had to pick the coldest spot?" I complained, just like I was doing in my head for the last few hours.

"You didn't have to come." Ellie reminded me, plopping back into the middle seat with her arms crossed. "You insisted on coming to, and I quote, 'keep an eye on me.' Why your father agreed with you is beyond me."

"Because your taste in property for the shop is crap and he doesn't want his name attached to a shit hole." I grumbled.

Ellie paused for a moment. Her booted toes tapping the flooring to its fullest extent. Her lips pouted as she put on the biggest show to get under my skin.

Something she's unhilariously good at.

"Alright, babe." I mentally face palmed. "Ellie. Sorry." I corrected myself with a sigh, giving Ellie one last glance before putting my headphones on.

I couldn't call her that anymore. Even if we did have a past which included highly graphic moments in her bedroom for a year - that's all we were; the past. For years, all I heard was how much she loved Maddox and how badly it hurt to try to move on from it all.

To be honest, I could have made her mine. If I put my all into what we had together, she would have loved me.

But I didn't want that.

Ellie is an amazing woman. A smart and loving soul but she wasn't what I was looking for. She needs someone who can care for her, physically and spiritually. Someone who wouldn't get mentally drained by pushing her like I have.