Eighteen.

Ellie POV

My fingers balled into fists as I remained as emotionless as possible.

This couldn't be true.

There was no way that my life could align like this.

There's no way I could become so lucky so many times when it's come to my career.

"You're serious?" I asked Kace, watching his face crinkling with the biggest smile I've ever seen him give someone.

"Very serious. New York City seems like the next best from LA." Kace shrugged, trying to play it off like he didn't just take my world and spin it around the sun himself.

I caved. I let my pure, unfiltered happiness escape as I ran up to Kace and wrapped my arms around his thin body.

"I thought you were leaning more towards Colorado?" I hushed hoping not to change his mind.

"Christian and I sat down last night and decided that if you're running the show, it should be where you would want it. Originally I was invested in Colorado because of some ties I have out there and it didn't matter to you at the time." Kace explained bringing his glance back to Maddox then to me with a knowing look. "It's a last minute change but we could make it work. Right?"

I gave an eager nod, rocking on my toes as I smiled to Maddox. He seemed just as happy as I was.

All I wanted to do was run up to him and kiss him hard but I held back since my boss was still occupying the room.

"I'll be in my office." Kace smiled. "Start thinking of names, Ellie. By then end of the week I'll need it and soon enough it'll be hanging in front of your building."

I didn't even wait for Kace to leave the room completely before I was rushing Max with a hug. He stood, quickly sweeping me off of my feet and twirling our bodies until I was a laughing mess.

"I'm moving to New York." Even the words coming from my lips sounded unbelievable.

I never thought I'd be happy to move out there. The city once seemed dreadful in my mind but now, it held the man I wanted to build the rest of my life with.

"You're moving to New York." Max sighed happily, kissing my lips firmly. My fingers ran through the hair on the back of his head, playing and twirling with his long locks as I got lost in our sensual embrace.

"I got worried for no reason." I whispered against his mouth as I gazed into his twinkling eyes. Ones that said everything I needed to know. "You would have followed me anywhere."

Max gleamed with a smile to die for, rubbing his nose against mine acknowledging I finally trusted his word. "I still will. Colorado sounds cool. Want me to talk to Kace?"

"Stop it!" I laughed, giving his buff chest a small, playful push. "I can't wait to tell Lexi and Annie! Oh god, I haven't even talked to Lexi. I wonder how she's doing."

Max handed me his phone, allowing me to scroll through the extensive texts between Lexi and Him. "I've been keeping in touch. Annabelle is doing better but she's having difficulty with her memory. Annelia is preoccupied with Dixie so that's helping Jacob a little."

I sighed before looking back up to him. "Thank you." My hands pressed flush against his chest, his heart beating beneath my palm reminding me of the man who always knew what I needed before I could even ask for it. The caring, sweet man who put his all into loving me from the moment I let him and never stopped.

And all I could think about was doing it all over again with him. Building our lives into the strongest sky scraper in New York.

I leaned our warm bodies together until my lips were meshed to his again, taking my time to enjoy the softness of his lips and the way they fit mine perfectly. His hands held the back of my head, bewitching me in the way he was able to pour out every ounce of love he had for me through such a simple touch. We pressed against each other, feeling the desire building between us, pulling at our tongues until they were dancing, craving and tasting the irresistible and evident need for one another.