Five.

"You got me flowers." I softly smiled to the glass vase, holding each petal gently.

Max nodded, wrapping his buff arms around my waist and nuzzling his lips into my neck. "I've missed you." He squeezed me from behind.

"I'm still mad at you." I paused, not able to make his eye contact, "We didn't need to take a break. You could have flown out. There was so much more you could have done."

"I didn't fly out because I thought you didn't want me, L. You're right though. I should have. I fucked up. But I'm going to spend the rest of our days showing you how wrong I was." He murmured. "If you'll give me that chance."

I turned to him, holding back the complete longing of love that pounded in my chest.

"Did you really call?" I still didn't believe him and as much as I wanted to go back to the old us, we've changed and he still hurt me.

Max reached for my phone and I so badly wanted to stop him. I knew what he'd see on there. But before I could do anything, the wallpaper of Chris holding me tenderly while I smiled, flashed on the screen.

He grimaced before unlocking the phone and going to his contact number.

"You blocked me." He sighed knowingly.

"I didn't block you!" I went to snatch my phone from him but it was too late, he was already pulling up the hundreds of voicemails he left me.

"Ellie, please call me. I love you so much. Just, I get it. But just let me hear your sweet voice one more time." Max's voice rang from the phone, his sobs crackling through the speaker.

"L, please. -

"Ellie, I'm about to lose it. I hate myself. I hate myself so fucking much. I can't do this."

"I'm here, L. I'm still here, calling and waiting. I'll wait for you forever."

"Please stop." I whimpered.

Max looked to me with soft eyes. His hand gently placing my phone into my own as he scrolled through the endless voicemails from him. Some from more than three years ago.

"But I didn't block you." My heart broke, wondering how any of this was happening.

"It doesn't matter, Ellie." Max hushed, tilting my chin to look at him. "All that ever mattered to me was having you. I shouldn't have asked you for a break, but I needed you to keep a place in your heart for me. For when I was man enough to be able to tell you that distance doesn't matter to me. It was selfish. I know that now and I'm so, so fucking sorry I put you through that."

My core shook with lust as I melted into his hand.

"Are you man enough now for a distant relationship?"

Max shook his head. "No. But I'm grown enough to drop my life here and follow you where ever you want to go. Like I should have in the first place."

It hurt that he still wouldn't be able to be separate from me but hearing him say he'd move his life to be with me? It made my stomach curl with an ache for him.

"I want to do so many things to you." I purred into his touch, taking in those words I've been dying to hear.

His eyes widened with his hands holding my hips steady. "Careful, L. It's been a while and I have no problem taking you in Jacobs bed."

I chuckled lightly, "four years and no sex? You must be as crazy as I originally thought."

"Lets just say I beat everyone at arm wrestling now a days." He pulled me into his warmth, holding me tightly.