Eleven.

We decided to stop by Lexis house so I could check in on Jacob and Annie to make sure he didn't need any help.

And boy, thank god we did.

The house looked like a tornado had rolled through it with toys and blankets thrown onto every piece of furniture and floor.

Jacob looked exhausted as he stood over the stove making breakfast.

"Where's Annie?" I asked, peeking around the first floor.

"Sleeping. That little monster woke me up ten times last night." Jacob murmured, rubbing his eyes roughly. "The questions toddlers think of when they don't want to sleep are what adults think of on acid."

Max chuckled in agreement as he let Dixie out into the fenced backyard.

"How's Annabelle doing?" I asked as I started tidying up the house.

"Better. Lexi took Max's advice and put her foot down. She was able to open her eyes for a few moments this morning and now she's breathing on her own." Jacob gave a small smile to me.

Relief flooded through me knowing Annabelle would get through this. Every part of me wanted to fly down to Florida and be with Lexi and her through this whole recovery but I knew, in my little adult heart, I'd have to return to work soon.

"I found a hospital up here and another in Florida not far from where she is now where a few colleagues I trust work." Max spoke as he gave me yet another kiss on my forehead.

It was something he's been doing since our doings last night. He couldn't keep his hands to himself and I loved it. My body felt like it was on Cloud Nine with his love. Every little thing he seemed to do made my heart flutter at the contact, wishing and wanting for more.

"I mean, that's good if she's able to do that, right, Max?" I gave him pleading eyes, hoping my lack of medicine wouldn't prove me wrong.

Max sighed, running a hand down my cheek in such a loving manner. His green orbs scanned mine with such a desire to fix what was making me upset.

"Its progress. Like I told Lexi, it's going to be a rough road. Annabelle may have some memory loss, difficulty with speaking, may even need therapy to help her walk again. It all depends on how bad this stroke was."

I gave a huff, hearing the front door open. And when I looked, I didn't have to tell my body what to do. I sprinted to Sam, jumping into his embrace while hushly yelling his name.

"Hey Ellie." Sam giggled as he snuggled into my hug.

"I've missed you, Sam!" I rocked our bodies in my bone crushing embrace, holding him close by the back of his uniform.

"I missed you, too." He held me lovingly then tensed when he looked up.

I didn't have to ask why. I already knew who was making him uncomfortable. I followed his gaze to Max, who had his head held high as Sam gave him the dirtiest glare.

I swear they were speaking silently between their eyes for a few moments before I walked back over to Jacob.

"So, you two finally reunited." Sam eyed us wearily.

Max shook his head slightly, not even acknowledging Sam's statement. It almost seemed to even tick him off by the way he rolled his eyes slightly, which I rarely ever saw Max do way back when.

Sam audibly groaned. "You're ridiculous. Absolutely fucking ridiculous. You know that?"

"Oh god. Not this again." Jacob murmured from the stove top with a shake of his head.